Fantasy Football Help - ASAP

I thought I'd report on my team after making some changes...

I still have a little over a half of Santonio Holmes remaining and I have 124.56 points already. I am leading my opponent 124.56 to 35.10 right now. Granted, he still has a RB and QB to play tomorrow night, but I should be ok unless they gain 600 yards and 8 TD's, LOL. Right now, I have the highest point total in the entire league. I think I made some good decisions on the changes I made. Every player in my starting lineup was in double figures in points except for Anthony Fasano at 4.70. Muhammad scored 13.10 in comparison to Welker, who scored 7.3 on my bench. :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since I made the wholesale changes recommended by you guys, I have been on a 3-game winning streak - scoring over 100 points in 2 of those game and in the 90's in the other. I have moved from 9th place to a tie for 3rd place in my league.

I have a few interesting decisions to make this week:

Wide Receivers (I need to start 2 of these 3):

1. Santonio Holmes - 7.17 FPG - vs. the Giants (11th)

2. Mushin Muhammad - 8.41 FPG - vs. the Cardinals (20th)

3. Wes Welker - 7.43 FPG - vs. the Rams (25th)

- I'm leaning towards Holmes and Welker this week

Tight Ends (must start 1 of these 2)

1. Kellen Winslow - 4.94 FPG - @the Jaguars - not producing this year and still coming off his "mystery" illness, scored 1.7 points this past week

2. Anthony Fasano - 5.90 FPG - vs. the Bills - always produces 4-6 points but no TD's

- I might flip a coin this week. I wanted to keep Winslow and just drop Fasano to allow me to pick up another player, but it was too risky with all that has been going on with Winslow

DST

Also, my starting DST (the Bears) has a BYE this week so I must pick up a DST for this week only. I have no idea who I'm going to pickup there as the top rated one available in my league are the 49ers.

Any advice is appreciated!

Here are my DST choices (top 8 remaining) for this week:

- San Diego (@ NO)

- San Fran (Sea)

- Buffalo (@Mia)

- Dallas (TB)

- St. Louis (@NE)

- Oakland (Bal)

- Cleveland (@Jac)

- Jacksonville (Cle)

I guess I'm leaning towards San Fran because they're at home with Seattle. It would seem that San Diego might be a good choice to since the Saints have some key injuries - but they still have their QB.

Ok, I am trying to patch together a Fantasy season after losing Tom Brady. I have started the season 1-3, but still have hope as the 3 losses were to the 3 top teams in the league. That being said, I need a to some add/drops. I am getting hammered at the WR position in every game. Here is how I would grade my team:

QB - Philip Rivers - B+ (24.49 fpg)

RB - Frank Gore - B (17.62 fpg)

RB - Brandon Jacobs - C (10.47 fpg)

R/W - Steve Slaton - B (13.63 fpg)

WR - Wes Welker - F (5.90 fpg)

WR - Santonio Holmes - D- (6.90 fpg)

TE - Kellen Winslow - C- (5.75 fpg)

PK - J. Kasay - B (8.00 fpg)

DST - Chicago - C- (7.00 fpg)

BN - Chad Pennington (11.39 fpg) - haven't had to use him yet

BN - Chancey Stuckey - WR - (7.85 fpg) - need to drop

BN - Fred Taylor - RB - (6.43 fpg) - no consistency

BN - Donald Driver - WR - (5.85 fpg) - no consistency

BN - Anthony Fasano - TE - (9.00 fpg) - picked him up for Winslow's bye week this week - actually has better number than all my WR's and TE's

Ok, here is whose available on the WR market:

- R. Meachem (10.80)

- D. Jackson (10.80)

- K. Walter (10.50)

- M. Austin (9.73)

- M. Muhammad (8.68)

- I. Bruce (8.65)

- J. Gage (7.87)

- M. Jones (7.60)

- D. Mason (7.43)

- A. Gonzalez (7.40)

Here are the available RB's:

- L. McClain (14.97)

- L. White (11.52)

- T. Duckett (8.73)

- J. Norwood (8.55)

- W. Dunn (8.48)

- T. Hightower (8.43)

Help please!!!

I have bolded the people I would consider dropping/adding.

I have bolded the people I would consider dropping/adding.

Thanks. I already made most of these changes though. That is what lead to my 3-game winning streak :thumb:

I just rehit this thread to give everyone an update and a "thank you" for the advice. I'm still considering dropping Winslow though.

Thanks. I already made most of these changes though. That is what lead to my 3-game winning streak :thumb:

I just rehit this thread to give everyone an update and a "thank you" for the advice. I'm still considering dropping Winslow though.

Cool, I didn't look at the time it was posted.

Cool, I didn't look at the time it was posted.

Suggest a DST pickup for me this week.

- San Diego (@ NO)

- San Fran (Sea)

- Buffalo (@Mia)

- Dallas (TB)

- St. Louis (@NE)

- Oakland (Bal)

- Cleveland (@Jac)

- Jacksonville (Cle)

Suggest a DST pickup for me this week.

- San Diego (@ NO)

- San Fran (Sea)

- Buffalo (@Mia)

- Dallas (TB)

- St. Louis (@NE)

- Oakland (Bal)

- Cleveland (@Jac)

- Jacksonville (Cle)

Tough one. I'm in a hurry, but I'd go with either Oakland, San Francisco or San Diego.

Oakland is playing a weak offense, and they pretty much shut down the Jets last week. San Francisco has been getting points off turnovers the last couple of weeks, but that might not continue. San Diego is playing a good O, but one with a lot of injuries. So I'd probably even narrow it down to SD or Oakland...but that is just me.

I'd go with San Francisco. They're hosting Seattle with Hasselbeck out, no WR's and not much offense period. They'll probably be really fired up for their first game under Singletary. They had their best game in Week 2 @ Seattle with a sack, a fumble recovery, 2 interceptions and a TD...despite allowing 30 points, they put up 10 fantasy points. I think I'd take a chance on them playing inspired football, on their home field, against a bad football that has been shredded by injuries.

San Diego has struggled but the Saints are beat up...and who knows how those teams will react to playing in Europe. That one could pay off big or end up being a bust.

Buffalo @ Miami would be my other option.