Fantasy Football Help - ASAP

Jackson, Muhammad and Justin Gage would be my top three. Muhammad went for 1400 yards and 16 TD's in his last season in Carolina with Delhomme. Jackson has caught at least 5 passes in every game this year and he's also a return threat, so you could get a bonus TD there. Gage is the #1 WR in Tennessee and he's obviously Kerry Collins favorite target...as long as Collins is taking the snaps, he's a credible fantasy WR.

Over the last two seasons, in the five games that Gage has played in when Collins played significant time, his stats are 26 receptions for 385 yards and 1 TD. That's 14.8 yards per catch...77 yards per game. Project that production over 16 games and you get 83 catches for 1232 yards and 3 TD.

As for the RB's, Deuce McAllister was available in some of my leagues. If he's not around, McClain looks like a good bet. The Ravens are going to run a lot and McGahee is banged up. LenDale White is solid also because he gets goal line touches.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson, Muhammad and Justin Gage would be my top three. Muhammad went for 1400 yards and 16 TD's in his last season in Carolina with Delhomme. Jackson has caught at least 5 passes in every game this year and he's also a return threat, so you could get a bonus TD there. Gage is the #1 WR in Tennessee and he's obviously Kerry Collins favorite target...as long as Collins is taking the snaps, he's a credible fantasy WR.

Over the last two seasons, in the five games that Gage has played in when Collins played significant time, his stats are 26 receptions for 385 yards and 1 TD. That's 14.8 yards per catch...77 yards per game. Project that production over 16 games and you get 83 catches for 1232 yards and 3 TD.

As for the RB's, Deuce McAllister was available in some of my leagues. If he's not around, McClain looks like a good bet. The Ravens are going to run a lot and McGahee is banged up. LenDale White is solid also because he gets goal line touches.

:thumb: Agreed on everything- although I think if I were Wireman, I'd do the opposite of what you and I (and our combined 0-8 record) advise him to do. :lol:

:thumb: Agreed on everything- although I think if I were Wireman, I'd do the opposite of what you and I (and our combined 0-8 record) advise him to do. :lol:

:D

Actually, I've been pretty accurate on all the advice I've given to others this season...I just can't make the right decisions for my own team. :irked:

Wait, you should've stated that BEFORE I did the add/drops!!! :madman: :lol:

I am absolutely amazed at the quality of free agents available in your league at WR! Also, you had said losing Brady was costing your season yet you have the highest scoring Fantasy QB in Rivers? I presume Rivers was a trade which explains the issue at WR, or else I will have to question your fantasy abilities if you have ahd Rivers all along.

I am absolutely amazed at the quality of free agents available in your league at WR! Also, you had said losing Brady was costing your season yet you have the highest scoring Fantasy QB in Rivers? I presume Rivers was a trade which explains the issue at WR, or else I will have to question your fantasy abilities if you have ahd Rivers all along.

Well considering that Brady scored close to 50 points most of last season, I'd say that was a pretty considerable loss. I picked Rivers up from free agency AFTER Brady was out for the season, so I guess you should call everyone in my league and question their abilities, as well.

Well considering that Brady scored close to 50 points most of last season, I'd say that was a pretty considerable loss. I picked Rivers up from free agency AFTER Brady was out for the season, so I guess you should call everyone in my league and question their abilities, as well.

For real, nobody expected Philip Rivers to be one of the top scoring fantasy QB's. There were serious questions about his production because he's coming off ACL surgery, and the Chargers had some injury concerns on offense...Gates, LT, O-line...

Rivers was not a sought after QB in any league I was involved in. He was a later round pick in most and a free agent in the rest.:thumb:

I'd prefer to call them to join a money league to be honest....:D

You got an absolute steal with Rivers (except for this past week) Brady would be a monster in any league, but Rivers has had to be one of the biggest pickups for anyone (He was a 6t round pick in our league, but then again QB's were flying off the board in the league I'm in and that has cost people dearly so far)

Guys, I'm wracking my brain over this one, and need some help. I've been offered Matt Schaub, Roddy White and Heath Miller for Brett Favre, Dallas Clark and Laveranues Coles. The guy proposing the trade said he's "Willing to take a chance on some of these guys."

My question is, do I immediately reject it, with no comment? Or do I add a snarky comment along the lines of "What kind of moron do you take me for? Did you actually think I would consider this?"

It's amazing the stuff that goes through some people's heads. :lol:

Guys, I'm wracking my brain over this one, and need some help. I've been offered Matt Schaub, Roddy White and Heath Miller for Brett Favre, Dallas Clark and Laveranues Coles. The guy proposing the trade said he's "Willing to take a chance on some of these guys."

My question is, do I immediately reject it, with no comment? Or do I add a snarky comment along the lines of "What kind of moron do you take me for? Did you actually think I would consider this?"

A comment is necessary, but do those work? I have never gotten any feedback from my comments, and I don't even know how I would see one if someone rejected my offer and commented.

A comment is necessary, but do those work? I have never gotten any feedback from my comments, and I don't even know how I would see one if someone rejected my offer and commented.

You may have; they always come to the e-mail address you used to sign up.

My typical response to things like this is to make an equally ridiculous counter offer...usually with the same players, unless there are some I'm absolutely not willing to part with.

For example, Favre, Clark and Coles for Cutler, Witten and Marshall...

Something like that. It gets the point across just as well as a snarky comment, and who knows...you might get lucky one time.

Dont mean to steal your thread Wireman, but I need some advice too!

In my league we start 2 RB's. I have Thomas Jones, Edgerain James, Lendale White and I just picked up Le'ron McClain. Jones has a bye, James plays Buffalo, White plays Baltimore and McClain plays Titans. Which two would you play? Thanks.

My typical response to things like this is to make an equally ridiculous counter offer...usually with the same players, unless there are some I'm absolutely not willing to part with.

For example, Favre, Clark and Coles for Cutler, Witten and Marshall...

Something like that. It gets the point across just as well as a snarky comment, and who knows...you might get lucky one time.

I like 5wides thinking but I would counter with your kicker, your defense, and your backup TE for their top three players, alongside a comment such as " Shew! I was thinking about doing it, but I wouldn't feel right hanging you out to dry like that!"

Dont mean to steal your thread Wireman, but I need some advice too!

In my league we start 2 RB's. I have Thomas Jones, Edgerain James, Lendale White and I just picked up Le'ron McClain. Jones has a bye, James plays Buffalo, White plays Baltimore and McClain plays Titans. Which three would you play? Thanks.

McClain and White....

Edgerrin James is being phased out in Arizona and most of his red zone carries are going to Hightower. McClain is a red zone vulture, and Lendale splits carries and also gets the call at the goalline.