For Ohioans, Election Day Comes Now

HHSDad

Who's doing the varifying of over 300,000 potential voters that don't have to show proper ID?

They are required, in this instance, to give one of three types of ID. A photo ID is NOT needed to register and vote early by absentee ballot.

If you are registered, and you go into the polls in Ohio on Election Day, according to what I have found, you do NOT need to show photo ID. You may present this:

A copy of a current utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that shows the voter’s name and current address (including from a public college or university).

http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/elections/voterInformation/bringid.aspx

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The suit filed by the GOP wanted to separate the votes of same day registrants until their eligibility could be verified. The courts said no, I'm guessing because it doesn't allow anonimity to the voter. Personally, I think the Ohio Supreme Court should have ruled the whole procedure invalid. The 6th Circuit couldn't rule on the procedure as a whole because they were never asked.

I won't get a chance to read the text of the opinion until tonight, but I do know that there is a Federal Election Law that deals with a seven day period before the election that all voters be provided with absentee ballots by the state. When I see the text I will have a better opinion formed on it, but I'd say the Federal law is at the crux of the issue.

They are required, in this instance, to give one of three types of ID. A photo ID is NOT needed to register and vote early by absentee ballot.

If you are registered, and you go into the polls in Ohio on Election Day, according to what I have found, you do NOT need to show photo ID. You may present this:

A copy of a current utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that shows the voter’s name and current address (including from a public college or university).

http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/elections/voterInformation/bringid.aspx

So quite possibly the biggest state in the election is letting people register and vote this week w/o proving their identity?

There's a reason the Dems are big time behind this and there's a reason Obama doantes bus loads of money to ACORN.

From what I hear he's been "carrying" it by the busload. In the old days that was known as "vote hauling."

It's still called vote hauling. It's illegal to buy votes, but very much legal to drive people to the polls.

Also, it's a bit dissapointing that people who are too lazy or haven't cared to register before can go and do everything in one day to decide who wins the election. Why are there busses outside of all major colleges in the state deciding the election in October?

So, democracy only applies to those who have previously voted? College student's shouldn't be allowed to vote if a bus takes them to the poll?

So, democracy only applies to those who have previously voted? College student's shouldn't be allowed to vote if a bus takes them to the poll?

First off, yes they should. But should ACORN be heavily involved in the early voting when they have been indicted for vote fraud in other states? I also think that if you're away at College you should vote absentee from your home state. The issue w/ this weeks voting isn't the kids as much as the criminals.

First off, yes they should. But should ACORN be heavily involved in the early voting when they have been indicted for vote fraud in other states? I also think that if you're away at College you should vote absentee from your home state. The issue w/ this weeks voting isn't the kids as much as the criminals.

That makes more sense.

It's still called vote hauling. It's illegal to buy votes, but very much legal to drive people to the polls.
One free ride for the price of one vote. Seems like a fair business transaction between vendor and customer. Completely legal. :thumb:

One free ride for the price of one vote. Seems like a fair business transaction between vendor and customer. Completely legal. :thumb:

So when volunteers take vans full of the elderly from nursing homes to their polling place they are criminals? Lock 'em up! :thumb: