Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cross-bracketing playoff Format 3A

Featured Replies

  • Author
Belfry and Russell would meet in Round 3 this year.

 

You are right that it doesn't quite seem fair that Belfry shuld host 4 of the last 5.

 

And I don't recall Vipperman being muddy in 2004?!?!?!

 

If you remember in the week 3 game it absolutely poured at Belfry. The field of course sat next to a hillside and all the rain + the runoff from the hill tore the field up. Belfry did a good job in the week between 3 and 4 getting the field in decent shape, but I remember between 10 yd line and endzone on the hillside end of the field was nothing but stomped down mud. If memory serves me right, there was even rumors that week that they would move the game to the new field. But as I get older my memory is not as good as it once was, so does anybody else remember that end of the field being bad?

The tarp they used kept the majority of the playing surface in good shape, but I think you are right, the end zones and sidelines were bad.

Thank you 3W. That was what I was seeing too. It was really very confusing, which is what prompted me starting this thread in the first place. Thank goodness we got posters like Ram and Watusi to keep it straight

No problem. Every once in a while me and Watusi actually know what we are talking about.:D Glad we could help.

If you remember in the week 3 game it absolutely poured at Belfry. The field of course sat next to a hillside and all the rain + the runoff from the hill tore the field up. Belfry did a good job in the week between 3 and 4 getting the field in decent shape, but I remember between 10 yd line and endzone on the hillside end of the field was nothing but stomped down mud. If memory serves me right, there was even rumors that week that they would move the game to the new field. But as I get older my memory is not as good as it once was, so does anybody else remember that end of the field being bad?

 

Now that you bring it up I do remember the sidelines and endzones not being in the best shape.

 

When I think Vipperman and mud, I immediately think of the 2002 Regional Final vs. Breathitt.

As fara s the alignment goes. I really like the cross district matchups returning, and I am fairly sure most coaches do as well.

 

Taking the EKY 3A regions you have these potential second round games:

Belfry vs. Mason County

Russell vs. Sheldon Clark

Somerset vs. Breathitt County

Harlan County vs. Taylor County

 

That's some quality football right there.

As fara s the alignment goes. I really like the cross district matchups returning, and I am fairly sure most coaches do as well.

 

Taking the EKY 3A regions you have these potential second round games:

Belfry vs. Mason County

Russell vs. Sheldon Clark

Somerset vs. Breathitt County

Harlan County vs. Taylor County

 

That's some quality football right there.

I agree I absolutely hated last years alignment, there was no true regional championship and playing the rival district had lost its appeal since it they couldn't meet up. It just messed with peoples head and caused confusion amongst fans and coaches.

  • Author
I agree I absolutely hated last years alignment, there was no true regional championship and playing the rival district had lost its appeal since it they couldn't meet up. It just messed with peoples head and caused confusion amongst fans and coaches.

 

I also agree. I know our home attendance was down that first week of the playoffs (which shouldn't happen during playoff time), the last two years when we played our own districts 4 seed. I guess it was hard for our fans to come out and see a team we had already played once and beat by a large margin. This way with cross-bracketing even though a 1 is still playing a 4, there is the "X" factor of knowing little or nothing about the opponent except for what you read here or in the press clippings. I think this will definetly put more fans in the stands during the 1st two weeks of the playoffs.

How does the semi round shape up...Which region hosts the semi's this year and does anyone know if seeding plays a factor in who hosts that round...

As far as I know, this being an even year, the even Region (2 and 4)will host the Semi-Finals. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

  • Author
As far as I know, this being an even year, the even Region (2 and 4)will host the Semi-Finals. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

 

From what you and Watusi have told me, you are exactly right. I posted this earlier

 

If Belfry happens to make it to round 4 (because of all the switching from cross-bracket to district brackets to 6 classes) it would be the 4th time in 5 years that they get to host that 4th round game.

 

Now that's livin' right!!! Especially since Belfry has made it to round 4 for the past 5 years (2003-2007)

From what you and Watusi have told me, you are exactly right. I posted this earlier

 

 

 

Now that's livin' right!!! Especially since Belfry has made it to round 4 for the past 5 years (2003-2007)

 

3-2 in that span, 2-1 at home, both losses coming to your Devils

 

Since 2003:

- Belfry has an overall record of 67-10, (87% total)

- Belfry has an overall record of 49-4 against teams from their same class (92.5%)

- Belfry has lost one game during that span to a district opponent.

- The Pirate's Achille's Heel? The Ashland area, the Pirates have lost to Ironton,OH (X3), Russell (X2), Ashland, and Boyd County during that stretch. If not for those teams Belfry would be 66-2 (97%)

- In that stretch Belfry has only lost one time to another mountain school. They are undefeated against the likes of great programs such as Middlesboro, Breathitt County, Prestonsburg, Corbin, Johnson Central, Pikeville, Lawrence County, and they are 4-1 against Sheldon Clark.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.