Ludlow vs. Beechwood Volleyball

Losing a head coach and the starting setter/outside hitter along w/graduation, I think, had a bigger impact than soccer.

True. The team was devastated over the loss of a first class coach and a key player who left when he did. Very tough way to start a season and unfortunately, they did not recover. We have some very talented players on the team, but they just couldnt seem to pull it together. However, our JV and freshman teams are very strong. I look forward to a MUCH better year next season.

Edited by Beechwoodfan

Losing a head coach and the starting setter/outside hitter along w/graduation, I think, had a bigger impact than soccer.

:thumb:I would agree with this assessment of the Beechwood VB program.. How did the Tigers do against Calvary last night (Tuesday).? I think they were supposed to play and didn't see anything in the paper this morning..

True. The team was devastated over the loss of a first class coach and a key player who left when he did. Very tough way to start a season and unfortunately, they did not recover. We have some very talented players on the team, but they just couldnt seem to pull it together. However, our JV and freshman teams are very strong. I look forward to a MUCH better year next season.

Great attitude of looking forward!

:dancingpa

Many of us have been in the same position as Beechwood for various reasons, like your mom always says "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" I think this team/organization will continue to be stronger.

:thumb:I would agree with this assessment of the Beechwood VB program.. How did the Tigers do against Calvary last night (Tuesday).? I think they were supposed to play and didn't see anything in the paper this morning..

According to KHSAA website Beechwood won in 2.

Welll then that is great. Soccer came to Beechwood and so far there has been no negative impact, but girls have more opportunities to participate in high school sports.

None of your fears have materialized. ;)

Welll then that is great. Soccer came to Beechwood and so far there has been no negative impact, but girls have more opportunities to participate in high school sports.

None of your fears have materialized. ;)

I never said the effect would be short term. Long term effect is/was always the issue. I, more than anyone else hope I am wrong, but we wont know for a few years or so. However, you seem to have hijacked the thread a bit, in your never ending desire to stir the pot.:rolleyes:

Sorry should have offered congrats to Ludlow, I know they really enjoy it whenever they can get a win on the Tigers no matter the sport.

Are you a Beechwood fan? If so the reason why Ludlow enjoys it so much is because of people like you, who can't believe it when Ludlow wins, and then tries to make an excuse for why it happened.

Are you a Beechwood fan? If so the reason why Ludlow enjoys it so much is because of people like you, who can't believe it when Ludlow wins, and then tries to make an excuse for why it happened.

Yay!! Futurecoach to the rescue...I wanted to say something about this comment, but thought better of it. I am glad you stepped in. :thumb:

I pull for Ludlow often. My comment was not intended in the manner you took it.