Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Current Reds who will be starting in 2009

Featured Replies

I wouldn't be shocked if Phillips were dealt in the off season, but I would be shocked beyond belief if he were traded straight up for Nady, and yet you're wanting to throw Arroyo along in the deal.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't be shocked if Phillips were dealt in the off season, but I would be shocked beyond belief if he were traded straight up for Nady, and yet you're wanting to throw Arroyo along in the deal.
It wouldn't shock me, either, if Phillips were dealt. But I dare say that Jocketty would laugh the Yankees off the phone if they made that offer.
  • Author
I wouldn't be shocked if Phillips were dealt in the off season, but I would be shocked beyond belief if he were traded straight up for Nady, and yet you're wanting to throw Arroyo along in the deal.

 

 

Show me where I said said anything about trading Phillips and Arroyo for Nady straight up.

I mentioned it this year that I would trade Phillips & CoCo. Both would be unpopular moves from a PR standpoint, but great moves from a baseball standpoint.

 

I could see Phillips going in the offseason too. Or, I could see him becoming a staple in the lineup. The bottom line is that Phillips is not a #3 or #4 hitter. If he's in the 2-hole or somewhere later in the lineup he'll do well. I'm a BP fan, but he's replaceable and I think he has pretty good trade value...

Show me where I said said anything about trading Phillips and Arroyo for Nady straight up.

 

From this thread: Play The Reds' GM:

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?p=2974780#post2974780

 

 

 

I really Like Arroyo and how he's turned his season around, but...I would send Arroyo and Brandon Phillips to the Yanks for Xavier Nady and a prospect. The yanks and especially Girardi have had it with Cano and wouldn't they love throwing Bronson against the Red Sox? I would then go after free agent Orlando Hudson to play 2b.

 

Maybe not "straight up" but awfully close.

Show me where I said said anything about trading Phillips and Arroyo for Nady straight up.

 

 

OK, you said some prospect, and I would still be shocked beyond belief.

OK, you said some prospect, and I would still be shocked beyond belief.

 

You're welcome. ;)

  • Author
Four regulars in the NL alone ... Adam Kennedy, Freddy Sanchez, Felipe Lopez and Tadahito Iguchi. Robinson Cano as well.

 

Phillips is overrated by some Reds fans, but he's still a quality player.

 

 

Not sure what your looking at with Lopez, Kennedy has played in only 105 games. Sanchez is awful, and Cano? If Girardi is still in NY next year, Cano probably will not be.

Not sure what your looking at with Lopez, Kennedy has played in only 105 games. Sanchez is awful, and Cano? If Girardi is still in NY next year, Cano probably will not be.
Sanchez hasn't been awful in the past ... he has struggled this year after undergoing shoulder surgery in the offseason. Cano looks to have just had a down year.

 

Lopez was Washington's regular 2B before he was released ... actually, his offense has improved dramatically since he went to St. Louis. Kennedy is the Cardinals' regular 2B. Both had lower OBPs than Phillips as starters at 2B.

  • Author
Sanchez hasn't been awful in the past ... he has struggled this year after undergoing shoulder surgery in the offseason. Cano looks to have just had a down year.

 

Lopez was Washington's regular 2B before he was released. Kennedy is the Cardinals' regular 2B. Both have lower OBPs than Phillips.

 

.327 OBP is higher than .312 OBP I do believe.

 

 

 

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4254

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5031

  • Author
Ask & you shall receive.

 

 

:thumb: Thanks, I knew I didn't say straight up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.