Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Liggins, Galloway Officially Qualify!

Featured Replies

Is John Kerry handling this?

 

They were eligible before they were ineligible, now they are eligible before they were eligible.:confused:

^ :scared: Oh please no......:lol:

 

 

As for them being eligible................:banana::banana::dancingpa:thumb:

Coach G's thoughts on Liggins and Galloway...

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080821/SPORTS03/808210549

 

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- University of Kentucky men's basketball coach Billy Gillispie said yesterday that though he won't specifically address the eligibility of newcomers DeAndre Liggins and Kevin Galloway, fans should assume that all of the Wildcats are eligible to play in 2008-09.

 

 

"My philosophy is not to comment on a guy's academic situation," Gillispie said in a phone interview yesterday. "I would just say to assume that everyone's eligible unless there's a statement made that they're not eligible."

 

Gillispie doesn't expect to make any such statement. The coach reiterated yesterday what he said in a news conference last month -- that he expected the incoming players who signed with UK to be able to play this season.

 

Though he wouldn't discuss their eligibility specifically, that group includes 6-foot-6 wing players Liggins and Galloway, who are expected to key ballhandlers for a team that lost point guard Ramel Bradley to graduation.

 

Liggins, a 6-6 freshman, played last season at Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev., after spending his first three high school seasons in Chicago.

 

Galloway played last season at the College of Southern Idaho.

 

UK also signed Darius Miller of Mason County and Josh Harrelson, a 6-9 transfer from Southwestern Illinois College.

 

Along with those arrivals, there apparently will be a departure.

 

Mark Coury, who started 29 games last season, is seeking a transfer, Gillispie confirmed. The walk-on from West Bloomfield, Mich., is hoping to find a school that will offer him a scholarship.

 

Coury averaged two points and 1.7 rebounds as a sophomore last season.

 

"The list of schools that he gave me earlier in the summer was Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal, UCLA and I believe (Southern California)," Gillispie said. "I told him, 'Sure. If we aren't going to give you a scholarship, I'll do anything I can to help you get one.' I'm 100 percent behind him."

 

Brett Dawson can be reached at (859) 523-0706.

 

 

 

Mark Coury, who started 29 games last season, is seeking a transfer, Gillispie confirmed. The walk-on from West Bloomfield, Mich., is hoping to find a school that will offer him a scholarship.

 

 

"The list of schools that he gave me earlier in the summer was Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal, UCLA and I believe (Southern California)," Gillispie said. "I told him, 'Sure. If we aren't going to give you a scholarship, I'll do anything I can to help you get one.' I'm 100 percent behind him."

 

 

I am not bashing Coury but if he can't get a scholarship to Uk what makes him think he would get one to any of those schools?

I am not bashing Coury but if he can't get a scholarship to Uk what makes him think he would get one to any of those schools?

 

My thoughts exactly

The roster on the web site hasn't been updated since the 2007-08 season...

 

The prospectus came out a couple of weeks ago... I don't expect it to be edited.

The roster listed in this week's Cats Pause had Donald Williams listed. (I think that is the right name.)

Williams was added to the roster after the prospectus was released, or else he would be in there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.