Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County updates

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I havent heard much about the Dawgs this year. How is things going with the team? Are they considered young this year? What are some of the scrimmage games coming up? How does practice look for the Dawgs? Who are some of the key players this season? I liked what I saw from Chandler Shepard last season. Also, was there a lot of kids that came out for football this year? I will be curious to see how the team developes under the new coach. Best of luck to the Bulldogs this year. Hopefully the Lawrence County faithful can pull together and support the Dawgs. Lets get back on track to the winning tradition. :ylsuper:

I have to admit that I was quite suprised with what I saw on Saturday-and in a good way. It seems there is whole new attitude amongst the team and a drive I haven't seen in a few years. They actually looked pretty good both sides of the ball. There are some younger players looking hungry to play. The sophomore and junior class look very strong. Overall I am looking forward to the season getting started!

I am hoping that LCHS will be on the way back to the kind of winning football that they are accustomed to. LCHS has a proud tradition and I believe that they will come up with a better season than what some people are expecting from them this season.

 

Good luck to the Bulldogs.

I have to admit that I was quite suprised with what I saw on Saturday-and in a good way. It seems there is whole new attitude amongst the team and a drive I haven't seen in a few years. They actually looked pretty good both sides of the ball. There are some younger players looking hungry to play. The sophomore and junior class look very strong. Overall I am looking forward to the season getting started!

 

Who did they scrimmage on Sat? Who do they have this week?

They scrimmaged East Carter this past weekend, and this Friday they scrimmage Pikeville at Pikeville then thats it. First game is next Friday at North Laurel. How does everyone think they will do against them?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

They scrimmaged East Carter this past weekend, and this Friday they scrimmage Pikeville at Pikeville then thats it. First game is next Friday at North Laurel. How does everyone think they will do against them?

 

I think that they will do good if they have improved. North only went 1-9 last year. What was LC record last year? North not much of football tradition just yet but I think that they are improving. Should be a good game for both teams.

North may have went only 1-9 last year but I believe they will be a pretty good challenge for the Dawgs. It is sad to see a team drop from an elite level to what they have been the past 6-7 years, they used to be the cream of the crop for a decade in the 90's. Hope they become competetive again.

Lawrence went 1-9 last year also, their only win was against Boyd County. Should be a good game against North Laurel.

 

Going by Lawrence County's scrimmage Saturday, they looked like a totally different team then the past few years.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply with Rule #13

Lawrence went 1-9 last year also, their only win was against Boyd County. Should be a good game against North Laurel.

 

Going by Lawrence County's scrimmage Saturday, they looked like a totally different team then the past few years.

 

I knew LC went 1-9 but I think they will be able to handle NL. LC is probably more physical than NL. NL is not know for being very aggressive.

I think NL will be fine. NL plays in a pretty decent 5A district and lost multiple games by 10 or less points. LC probally plays in the weakest 4A district in the state.

 

Commander just b/c they both were 1-9 does not mean they are on equal terms.

I think NL will be fine. NL plays in a pretty decent 5A district and lost multiple games by 10 or less points. LC probally plays in the weakest 4A district in the state.

 

Commander just b/c they both were 1-9 does not mean they are on equal terms.

 

I understand what you are saying but I don't think you can say NL is a powerhouse by any means because of their one win last season over Leslie Co who wasn't very good at all. No offense to Leslie but they didn't have a very good season and if I am correct NL got theat win the last game of the season.

Lawrence County beats Piekville in a scrimmage 30-14 varsity, they brought in Jv and Freshmen the 2nd half. Lawrence County looked dominant,had 2 more touchdowns but they were called back for penalties. Chandler Shepherd looked really good at quarterback, had some nice runs and throws. Shane Pack had a 60 yd td right up the middle, and the whole defense played solid. Good job Dawgs.

Lawrence County beats Piekville in a scrimmage 30-14 varsity, they brought in Jv and Freshmen the 2nd half. Lawrence County looked dominant,had 2 more touchdowns but they were called back for penalties. Chandler Shepherd looked really good at quarterback, had some nice runs and throws. Shane Pack had a 60 yd td right up the middle, and the whole defense played solid. Good job Dawgs.

 

Looks like LC is on their way back :thumb:. Pikeville is a good football program.

Yes Pikeville has always been strong, looks like LC is headed in the right direction, this new coach has this team prepared for every game and they are all excited for this season. Can't wait to watch the first game against North Laurel

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.