August 3, 200818 yr Cincinnati Bearcat. Might take a while to get done, but it looks like December at worst. Consider me shocked with this one...
August 3, 200818 yr Author From GT's John "Reik" thread?? I'll give a little insight there. When he flamed out at NBA workouts, it was because he had an ACL injury. From there he had surgery, and the only real option in the states was a school on the quarters system because he had never taken the ACT or SAT, and the next closest date was early September and the SAT. You did get me though. I've known about this for a while, but didn't expect anything for another month or two...
August 3, 200818 yr Interesting.. He has never taken an ACT/SAT test? I assume he never visited UC or came on his own dime? Where did he go to school?
August 3, 200818 yr Interesting.. He has never taken an ACT/SAT test? I assume he never visited UC or came on his own dime? Where did he go to school? IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
August 3, 200818 yr Author Interesting.. He has never taken an ACT/SAT test? I assume he never visited UC or came on his own dime? Where did he go to school? He came to America last summer as a HS graduate in Sudan and started at Winchendon and then went to IMG. After his eval period last July the plan was the NBA, so he didn't take either test because, for the most part, he couldn't yet read them. He's on campus at UC right now, and the relationship has been very strong for a few months in large part because the quarters system at UC was one of the few major programs that fit the situation. Strange night, but we'll see where it goes from here...
August 3, 200818 yr He came to America last summer as a HS graduate in Sudan and started at Winchendon and then went to IMG. After his eval period last July the plan was the NBA, so he didn't take either test because, for the most part, he couldn't yet read them. He's on campus at UC right now, and the relationship has been very strong for a few months in large part because the quarters system at UC was one of the few major programs that fit the situation. Strange night, but we'll see where it goes from here... Weird. I know Majok at UConn probably wont be eligible until after the first semester because of transcript issues. Is he enrolled? How can he be accepted into school with no test scores?
August 3, 200818 yr Author Weird. I know Majok at UConn probably wont be eligible until after the first semester because of transcript issues. Is he enrolled? How can he be accepted into school with no test scores? He can't enroll until his SAT score is in. That's why UC being on quarters comes in to play. They don't start classes until the middle of September, and there is a roughly 2 1/2 week grace period built in to the start of class for an athlete to enroll. It was the main factor in Demetrius Jones going to UC when he left ND...
August 3, 200818 yr Who is he staying with in Clifton? This is really weird...but could be a huge benefit to UC. I'm guessing he would still have to qualify.
August 3, 200818 yr Author Who is he staying with in Clifton? This is really weird...but could be a huge benefit to UC. I'm guessing he would still have to qualify. His paperwork from the Sudan has been submitted to the clearing house. It's about as reliable as stuff from the CPS. I'm still under 50% he ever plays for UC...
August 3, 200818 yr Whoa whoa whoa... So let me make sure that I'm hearing this right... This guy is 7'2'' and a legit NBA prospect. And IF CLEARED is going to be eligible to play, THIS SEASON? Like the one starting in 2 1/2 months?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.