Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Harlan County

Featured Replies

With a good clip of the Black Bears going at it in full gear.

 

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime

 

It is the first video highlighted on your right hand side.

 

I love it! However, probably want get much rap about it tonight because everyone is out watching the pig roast. I had to run home and get a few things. Gotta go back. Go Bears!

People from all over the county came out to support the Black Bears today. We may have to do this again. How about those Harlan County Ridge Runners staying up all night roasting those two hogs?! I've decided this is the only way to eat pork from now on! lol

 

This was a good send off for the boys to go to camp on.

 

 

Here's what you missed:

 

pigroast9.jpg

 

 

pigroast.jpg

They mentioned on WYMT today at 6 that they would have more on the Black Bears on Tuesday's 6 o'clock sports.

I think Harlan County will make a deep run in the 3A playoffs. IMHO Harlan County should be in the Top 10 this fall.

Sounds like Coach Larkey has these boys headed onto the winning ways. Hope things go well for him down there.

 

As far as camp goes, did they go down to Jabez? I know that's where Coach Larkey took Rockcastle County when he was at the helm of the Rockets.

I think they are going there next week.

 

I can't see Harlan County in the top 10. You could make a case for them, maybe, if they could find a way to win at Letcher Central.

I wish the boys from Harlan Co. the best of luck, but we all know that Bell Co. is the king of the mountains until someone beats them.

I think they are going there next week.

 

I can't see Harlan County in the top 10. You could make a case for them, maybe, if they could find a way to win at Letcher Central.

:thumb:

It is hard to keep the Bears fans off Preps. Just think if we pull off that first game @ Letcher or go into the Breathitt game 4-0.

I think they are going there next week.

 

I can't see Harlan County in the top 10. You could make a case for them, maybe, if they could find a way to win at Letcher Central.

 

 

Would you place them in a mountain top 10?

 

What affect, if any, do you think that rankings have on a team's psyche?

 

What affect, if any, do you think it will have on our team?

Would you place them in a mountain top 10?

 

What affect, if any, do you think that rankings have on a team's psyche?

 

What affect, if any, do you think it will have on our team?

 

Letcher Central will be a very tough opponent to start the year off for the Black Bears. Coach Howard has been through the battles and has proven to be a winner on the football field. Will losing this game make or break our season? No. But, it sure would help if we can go over there and pull off the win.

 

Being ranked helps but it isn't what matters. What matters is getting better with each and every game. These kids have to go to camp tomorrow and get to know each other even better, get in better shape, get the offense and defense on the same page, stay healthy and come home and get ready for Knox Central.

 

Man, I can't wait!!!

Would you place them in a mountain top 10?

 

What affect, if any, do you think that rankings have on a team's psyche?

 

What affect, if any, do you think it will have on our team?

 

No, not until they prove themselves.

 

I doubt it helps or hurts very much. I've heard players say you forget about things like that once the game starts.

 

I doubt it makes much difference. Confidence is important though, and I'm guessing they have built up some with the coaching staff they have and the fact they have put a lot of talent together. None of them are used to winning consistently though (at least on the high school level), and that isn't easy to establish.

I wish the boys from Harlan Co. the best of luck, but we all know that Bell Co. is the king of the mountains until someone beats them.

 

 

Give the Black Bears a little time and they should be playing Bell Co. pretty tough. Larkey/Hilton will always be a good rivalry.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.