Reason why voters need to consider potential Supreme Court appointees...

Its in my experience that the church is more than willing to help, if you believe as they do, or there is a chance that you will believe what they do.

And there is nothing wrong with that. The hope is that all the people the church comes in contact with, makes the step to the bolded. No matter if it would be Jeffry Dahmer or Mother Theresa.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, you lost me on what point you are trying to make.:confused:

I am trying to make the point that there is no God that wants children to be born, there is no God to know someone in the womb(something you say often). Therefor any argument based on the belief in God's will, is a flawed argument IMO.

I guess I was trying to be ironic..

And there is nothing wrong with that. The hope is that all the people the church comes in contact with, makes the step to the bolded. No matter if it would be Jeffry Dahmer or Mother Theresa.

I guess I believe you should help someone with no motives besides to help people.

I am trying to make the point that there is no God that wants children to be born, there is no God to know someone in the womb(something you say often). Therefor any argument based on the belief in God's will, is a flawed argument IMO.

I guess I was trying to be ironic..

On the bolded, God told us threw Scripture that he knew us before we were even in the womb.

I am still confused. It might very easy be for me, I am tired and it is late and my thinking cap is not as tight as it might usually be.

On the bolded, God told us threw Scripture that he knew us before we were even in the womb.

I am still confused. It might very easy be for me, I am tired and it is late and my thinking cap is not as tight as it might usually be.

Same here! lol Its summer break..my thinking cap is boxed up with my dorm stuff.

I guess I believe you should help someone with no motives besides to help people.

Yes and no.

I don't want personal credit for helping someone. I want them to see that the help came from the love of Jesus Christ that resides in me. Not because LBBC is some sort of nice person.

Me being a nice person and $1.00 would get you a double cheeseburger at McD's.

Seeing the love of Jesus Christ for you through the actions of LBBC and a $1.00 gets you that same double cheeseburger and eternal salvation if you would accept it.

The latter is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT to me, then a person telling me I am a good person.

I DON'T WANT TO BE A GOOD PERSON.

I WANT to be a person that people see the love, grace and sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Big difference. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE.

If left alone, no guarantee that the sperm and egg will hook up and a child will result.

If left alone, the fetus WILL BE A HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful LBBC. Read a certain way, this says that a fetus is not a human being, but rather will be. Therefore abortion is not murder, because it's not a human being.

Just playing the advocate, I know that's not what you meant. Does show how easy it is to twist someones words though. Something our media is real good at.

cch, what are your opinions on things like the morning after pill? Should they be outlawed as well. Because we all know that we can take all the preventitive measures and still fall victim to accidental antibiotics while on birth control, or failed latex.

I am very, very against all forms of contraception and the morning-after pill, but as a conservative, I do not want to legislate my own Christian morality. If anyone wants to start a thread on the morality (and/or legality) of those, I'd be all for it.

You may say that being anti-abortion is trying to force my morality on others, but my anti-abortion stances stem from the fact that abortion is murder. If we don't have laws against murder, we don't need laws.

I am very, very against all forms of contraception and the morning-after pill, but as a conservative, I do not want to legislate my own Christian morality. If anyone wants to start a thread on the morality (and/or legality) of those, I'd be all for it.

You may say that being anti-abortion is trying to force my morality on others, but my anti-abortion stances stem from the fact that abortion is murder. If we don't have laws against murder, we don't need laws.

WOW! All forms? Wow...:confused:

Then we arrest them and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. The law cant be used as a preventitve, but only as a consequence. Legalize drugs, but let everyone know that no mercy will be taken if they hurt or kill someone under the influence.

You have trust people to make decisions for themselves; instead we want to hadn them a list of approved decisions.

I rarely agree with any of your opinions, but the older I get the more that I have come to believe in legalizing all drug use by adults. The problem that I see is the unwillingness of liberals to "show no mercy" when people under the influence of drugs commit other crimes while under the influence.

If I had my way, I would allow juries and judges to add on additional stiff penalties for crimes committed by lowlifes acting under the influence of drugs.

Continuing in the spirit of encouraging personal responsibility and accountability, I would eliminate all taxpayer-funded addiction treatment programs. If an adult chooses to use drugs, then that adult should accept the responsibility of dealing with the consequences, whether the consequences include addiction, ridicule, unemployment, or death.

No mercy, no sympathy - addicts would pay for their own treatment or rely on the charity of others to pay for it.

I rarely agree with any of your opinions, but the older I get the more that I have come to believe in legalizing all drug use by adults. The problem that I see is the unwillingness of liberals to "show no mercy" when people under the influence of drugs commit other crimes while under the influence.

If I had my way, I would allow juries and judges to add on additional stiff penalties for crimes committed by lowlifes acting under the influence of drugs.

Continuing in the spirit of encouraging personal responsibility and accountability, I would eliminate all taxpayer-funded addiction treatment programs. If an adult chooses to use drugs, then that adult should accept the responsibility of dealing with the consequences, whether the consequences include addiction, ridicule, unemployment, or death.

No mercy, no sympathy - addicts would pay for their own treatment or rely on the charity of others to pay for it.

I agree! :jump: If your mature enough to make the decision to start to snort coke, or shoot heroin, then you are just as mature and responsible to accept what ever penalties result from your actions.

It might take a few people going to jail for 40 years, but people would begin to use them responsibly.

Plus, the government could put a huge tax on these things.

I agree! :jump: If your mature enough to make the decision to start to snort coke, or shoot heroin, then you are just as mature and responsible to accept what ever penalties result from your actions.

It might take a few people going to jail for 40 years, but people would begin to use them responsibly.

Plus, the government could put a huge tax on these things.

Here is where we part ways. The government has too much money in its coffers already. I do not believe in "sin" taxes in any form. Producers of legal products should be treated equally under the law, IMO. We do not need to legalize drugs and then take the food from the mouths of the children of addicts to grow government. Sin taxes and lotteries are the most regressive burdens that our society imposes on the poor in this country. They help keep poor people poor and voting for liberal Democrats.