Reason why voters need to consider potential Supreme Court appointees...

But you are not killing what many hold to be a human life. Big difference.

IMVHO abortion has become an easy way to eliminate the consequences of irresponsible behavior. You don't want a kid don't do what you have to do to make one.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No where have I used any religious reference to back my belief that abortion is a repugnant act of laziness so the religious reference doesn't fly here.

Never once did I say that you did. I am only pulling a common argument, and taking it a little farther.

You are a smart man, and would know that trying to add religion to your argument would only hurt it in this situation.

I still maintain that abortion is nothing more then a way to avoid responsibility for one's actions. You don't want to produce a child, don't have sex or get steralized.

I still maintain that what goes on in a woman's body is her own business.

Are YOU willing to raise some of these kids if they are not aborted. Because the foster system is somewhere no one wants to go...

I am.

I have also said that if I ever fathered a child I would do whatever I could within my power to prevent that child from being aborted up to and including paying 100% of the medical costs and taking custody of the child. AFter all if the woman is willing to abort the child she surely would be willing to give up custody.

I believe in personal responsibility.

Because if people want to criminalize abortion, why not criminalize all forms of contraceptive. Because with any contraceptive you are preventing a life from forming, and growing.

Big difference. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE.

If left alone, no guarantee that the sperm and egg will hook up and a child will result.

If left alone, the fetus WILL BE A HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!

Big difference. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE.

If left alone, no guarantee that the sperm and egg will hook up and a child will result.

If left alone, the fetus WILL BE A HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are we to say that God did not want that sperm to join with the egg?

I respect you for that. Many of the pro-lifers also don't want to sink anymore money in the Foster Care system.

I would add that many changes need to be made in the social services if abortion is outlawed.

In addition, the churches need to make MAJOR commitments to be problem solvers in their communities with social problems.

MUCH, MUCH more than they do now.

IT is HIGH TIME that churches step up to the plate and do what Christ wants them to do and quit letting government play the role that the CHURCH is supposed to be playing.

Who are we to say that God did not want that sperm to join with the egg?

You are reaching.

With that mindset, no one should ever say no to sex with another person because God may have wanted you to have sex and produce a human being with that person.

Ridiculous mindset.

I would add that many changes need to be made in the social services if abortion is outlawed.

In addition, the churches need to make MAJOR commitments to be problem solvers in their communities with social problems.

MUCH, MUCH more than they do now.

IT is HIGH TIME that churches step up to the plate and do what Christ wants them to do and quit letting government play the role that the CHURCH is supposed to be playing.

Its in my experience that the church is more than willing to help, if you believe as they do, or there is a chance that you will believe what they do.

You are reaching.

With that mindset, no one should ever say no to sex with another person because God may have wanted you to have sex and produce a human being with that person.

Ridiculous mindset.

Exactly, the whole God wants this child to be born argument is ridiculous. Any idea or principle that applies predestination is silly and ridiculous.