Celtics James Posey to Hornets

Hornets fortify bench, lure Posey away from Celts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3492206

LAS VEGAS -- The reigning NBA champions are about to lose their glue guy.

James Posey, arguably the most coveted unrestricted free agent left on the market, agreed to a four-year deal with the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday worth an estimated $25 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said.

Because of future luxury-tax concerns, Boston was apparently reluctant to offer Posey, 31, more than a two- or three-year deal starting at the league's mid-level exception (just under $5.6 million) in spite of Posey's considerable contributions to the Celtics' first championship since 1986.

Really good get for the Hornets IMO. West, Chandler, Stojakovic, Paul & now Posey. They will be tough.

I'm saying it, if the the Celtics did not have James Posey this past season, they would not have won the NBA title!

I'm saying it....If the Lakers wouldn't have had Gasol then they wouldn't have made the playoffs last year.

But they did, same with the Celtics.

I'm saying it....If the Lakers wouldn't have had Gasol then they wouldn't have made the playoffs last year.

Wasn't LA in 1-3 place range when they made that trade??

What's your point? The Lakers would have made the playoffs. Made the finals? Now I don't know about that!

Spe...Have you ever had a different avatar than Mr. Vegas there???

I did for a while! Barkley is the man though! I do believe that it is time to start looking for a new one though! I honestly had never even thought about it! :thumb:

I'm saying it. If the Lakers had Bynum they would have swept the Celtics. Too much money but a good signing for the Hornets.

I don't know about that one either! Bynum is more physical than Gasol, but he is also still fairly raw.