Erlanger Lions

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are called Bluegrass Lions now and I have heard the team isn't as strong as the years before when they were under the name Erlanger Lions.

That's odd, the coach's themselves have stated this might be one of their best teams ever. Sounds like you maybe have an ax to grind here.

I think they are called Bluegrass Lions now and I have heard the team isn't as strong as the years before when they were under the name Erlanger Lions.

May not be fair to compare the former Erlanger Lions to the current Bluegrass Lions .Outside of being coached by Myerhoff and Baioni they are a little different .

They are a 15 year old team .The Erlanger teams ,I believe ,were all 16 year old teams .They have a lot of talent .Many of these kids have seen varsity action at there schools .They have not come together as planned and have battled through this to be well above .500.I do not have the exact record .maybe 29-12.

IMO,if this team was to stay together for the 16's they could be very good .They are starting to come together with a trip to Disney next week for a world series .After 2 away games this week ,I think they will end on a positive note .

Roster :

Beechwood -Bertke,Hall,Leeke

Holy Cross-Jehn,Fuller,Ritter,Johnson

Cov Cath-Cottingham,Hoffer,Shumate

Dixie-Popham

Bellevue-Hegge

Ryle -Hensley

Conner-Roberts

Boone-Wendeln

These schools may not be 100% correct ,but they are close .

That's odd, the coach's themselves have stated this might be one of their best teams ever. Sounds like you maybe have an ax to grind here.

Not sure exactly what you are implying :confused: coachg is correct as far as not being able to compare accurately. But even next year if they stay together and are the 16u team I still think there are a couple teams now (15u) and next year (16u) that are better than them. The Lions used to be like the feeder to the Colonels and I don't see that being the case next year. Just saying the reputation as being the top team is no longer true.

Not sure exactly what you are implying :confused: coachg is correct as far as not being able to compare accurately. But even next year if they stay together and are the 16u team I still think there are a couple teams now (15u) and next year (16u) that are better than them. The Lions used to be like the feeder to the Colonels and I don't see that being the case next year. Just saying the reputation as being the top team is no longer true.

Couldn't disagree more. And I'm not implying anything, just simply an observation. Who this team feeds really has nothing to do with the level of talent.

Couldn't disagree more. And I'm not implying anything, just simply an observation. Who this team feeds really has nothing to do with the level of talent.

I agree. However, that still doesn't take away the fact that there are a couple teams in the same age group that are better. If you take the best kids off the Lions and best kids from these other teams, you could have a great team. That seems to be the problem with nky baseball... a lot of talent but all on different teams.

I agree. However, that still doesn't take away the fact that there are a couple teams in the same age group that are better. If you take the best kids off the Lions and best kids from these other teams, you could have a great team. That seems to be the problem with nky baseball... a lot of talent but all on different teams.

What team would you be referring to that is so much better in NKY? The Lions have split with the Titans winning 8-3 and losing 4-1 with wood bats .I am not sure of another team in NKY that is there .Apparently you have seen someone who is very good ,please advise .....

Next year the Lions will be 16's,they are only 15 this year and would not feed any 18 year old team .They still have at least 2 years before they would play for Walt or whoever at the 17-18 age .I feel your comparison is unfair with these kids having a couple years to go yet .By the way 1 of the current Lions players did go through a try out for the Colonels .He was told he needed another year or so .

What team would you be referring to that is so much better in NKY? The Lions have split with the Titans winning 8-3 and losing 4-1 with wood bats .I am not sure of another team in NKY that is there .Apparently you have seen someone who is very good ,please advise .....

So which team is better between these two? NEITHER. That's b/c nky doesn't have the sound baseball teams other areas have. There is no Midland or Kentucky Baseball Club of NKY. There are a lot of teams with split talent. You're not going to send any one of these 15U teams down to a major tournament and win. No nky team is made of the "best" players around here until you get to the Colonels. It'd be nice in the future to have younger age groups of the Colonels and that's what the Erlanger Lions seemed to be before... a step in the right direction for nky. But now this year with the switch to Bluegrass Lions, a step back. Until nky has an organization like Midland or KBC, you're not going to find nky high schools repeatedly going to state.