What happened to me?

Even though you did not feel any pain, you probably experienced a "VasoVagal" response to what felt strange to you. A vagal response means that you activated the tenth intracranial nerve, which can cause lower heart rate and a decreased blood pressure, and can, and will cause syncope (passing out). It is a pain response, but what you refer to as pain may not have taken place. None the less a pain response.

Kinda like many people get light headed and nauseated when they are in pain, some even pass out. This is most commonly caused by a VasoVagal response. Some people have a high pain tolerance and do not consider the situation to be painful, but the body still reacts in the same way.

Ram, this dispels the rumor, you're all looks and no brains. Well done my friend.

:thumb:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ram, this dispels the rumor, you're all looks and no brains. Well done my friend.

Trust me Strike3 he truely is no brains. It's the Brady Paramedic book he is reading from.:lol: Actually TBG you need to get it checked out just to double check things.

Trust me Strike3 he truely is no brains. It's the Brady Paramedic book he is reading from.:lol: Actually TBG you need to get it checked out just to double check things.

I was at work when I typed the above, I was is medical mode.:D

You have a point, but since I am showing NO symptoms, what will the doctor say? Probably send me for an expensive MRI...just to show that nothing is wrong (I hope).

I have never passed out from pain before, so why would I pass out from NO pain?

That's the part I'd be concerned with, do us all a favor and go to the doctor.

STRIKE3 I can tell you that there are ones from around RamLand that know this man and although we do claim him "on occasion" we will have to challenge you looks and brains statement........the general vote around here is that he just got extremely lucky on the diagnosis and he never had any looks. :D

BTW, please don't compliment him too much, his head is swelled big enough as it is.

Just kidding of course.......You Da Man Ram :thumb: (but I still have seniority down here though...:lol:)

STRIKE3 I can tell you that there are ones from around RamLand that know this man and although we do claim him on occasion we will have to challenge you looks and brains statement........the general vote around here is that he just got extremely lucky. :D

BTW, please don't compliment him too much, his head is swelled big enough as it is.

Just kidding of course.......You Da Man Ram :thumb: (but I still have seniority down here though...:lol:)

It's always better to be lucky then good, many people have come up on the losing end at the hands of a lucky person.

Your always senior citizen, I mean senior in my book.:D