Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region 08/09

Featured Replies

What happened to the two young girls that played some last year ? The taller one I beleive is a 2 guard , and the other one a point guard. They both looked like pretty good ball handlers to me. I'm thinking they were both 8th graders last year ?? Simpson is a super ball player and IMO should play more inside. The Parsley girl is also a very good player but doesn't handle the ball as well outside and gets shoved under the backboard out of position way to much. I only saw 2 games last year and maybe the refs should call the pushing more , but she seemed to have a hard time holding her position. One of the girls that played outside didn't shoot much and when she did her form was not very good but she had some runouts and was very quick. I think her name was Fergeson ??

 

You make some good observations, must be close to the program.

Simpson is a good player and I agree needs to be inside more. The 2 eight graders are getting better but can't handle the ball well enough to handle full court pressure. Parsley averaged a double/double last year and seems to be stronger this year maybe she can stay out from under the boards and get more rebounds and points. Ferguson is a good defensive player that needs to learn how to shoot. Russell will have the samo MO this year as last. Can't handle the full court heat. Just ask Rowan Co.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Replies 44
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make some good observations, must be close to the program.

Simpson is a good player and i agree needs to be inside more. The 2 eight graders are getting better but can't handle the ball well enough to handle full court pressure. Parsley averaged a double/double last year and seems to be stronger this year maybe she can stay out from under the boards and get more rebounds and points. Ferguson is a good defensive player that needs to learn how to shoot. Russell will have the samo MO this year as last. Can't handle the full court heat. Just ask Rowan Co.

 

I'm not close to their program but I know two of their coaches from years ago. I just happened to be at Rowan co. when they played and also watched them on down the road a little further last year. I think they got hatchet-ized in the first game with Rowan . Rowan played very physical and got away with a lot of hands and pushing, but they were clearly the better team. I think the Devils just need to get two or three of their players to step up and work hard this season and by the end of the season they should be fine.

I agree that Lewis from Raceland has been overlooked, but that might work to Raceland's favor. IMO Raceland does need Vanderhoof, she is a very integral part of the team. I think they would struggle without her.

Raceland's Key-- guard play East-scoring from all starters Rowan- replacing the torrid defense and leadership of Spurlock and Barr. Ashland--picking up on Ward's departing numbers in scoring and rebounding.Elliott Co. replacing their center and improving defense. Russell--finding a point guard and replacing Sparks' leadership while adjusting to a different coach. West- replacing the versatility of Cox and getting more scoring besides Stephens. Lewis- getting some kind of inside threat. Boyd- some kind of scoring improvemnt. Morgan- help for Eagle on both ends. Everyone else will keep rebuilding.

I'm very close to the Russell program...feel free to PM me anytime Golfer Dad.

 

You seem to be close to a lot of programs , or do you just like to wind the stem now and then ??:lol::lol:

You seem to be close to a lot of programs , or do you just like to wind the stem now and then ??:lol::lol:

 

 

I am close to Ashland, Boyd, Fairview, Rose Hill, Russell, Racleand. I have covered their games in the past both boys and girls and I still have a few contacts. I am wrong quite often and right every once in awhile, so dont take everything I state as 100% pure fact, much is specualtion.

IMO Rowan co. and Ashland will be heads up , followed by East and Raceland probably heads up , then Russell and a couple of others pretty much equal and with a good game may beat any of the front runners.

I'm not close to their program but I know two of their coaches from years ago. I just happened to be at Rowan co. when they played and also watched them on down the road a little further last year. I think they got hatchet-ized in the first game with Rowan . Rowan played very physical and got away with a lot of hands and pushing, but they were clearly the better team. I think the Devils just need to get two or three of their players to step up and work hard this season and by the end of the season they should be fine.

 

Then you remember that for two Qtrs. They didn't get the ball past half court. Hatchet-ized or not that's not very strong. And things will be the same again.

Thats the way the game is played at Diddle. If you can't handle it here then you won't make it down there !!

At Diddle they called the reach in a foul not a jump ball. That is one of the reasons why Rowan lost.

Reach in is a 70's term .

 

Term in today's game might be "mugging":thumb:

High scholl basketball,both boys and girls, is getting to be a lot of mugging. Would like to see more fouls called on players who push and hack on the press.

Officials are everyones cop out. I can only recall two games in the last 25 years that officiating determined the outcome. Good players take the hit and make the play anyway.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.