Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region 08/09

Featured Replies

  • Replies 44
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will win the 16th region this year?

 

Rowan , Ashland , and Raceland should be the front runners , and probably in that order. Russell will take some lumps early but they have an outside chance of being in the hunt by the time the 16th tournament kicks off.

East will be in the mix by the end of the season. Raceland is well coached and has some good players, but IMO the success of their season rests largely on the knees of Vanderhoof.

IMO the success of their season rests largely on the knees of Vanderhoof.

I would have agree with you a year ago, but Lewis, Wilson, and Keeton have come a long way. I expect Raceland to be pretty balanced this season.

 

Don't get me wrong, we need Vanderhoof, and it would be very hard without her. But, I think some of the pressure is off of her now.

I would have agree with you a year ago, but Lewis, Wilson, and Keeton have come a long way. I expect Raceland to be pretty balanced this season.

 

Don't get me wrong, we need Vanderhoof, and it would be very hard without her. But, I think some of the pressure is off of her now.

 

 

I agree with you Ram. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. And that is what the Lady Rams have had to do during V'hoof's injuries the past few years. The others have had to step up their games and if there is a silver lining in the midst of injury, this has been it for the Lady Rams.

I would have agree with you a year ago, but Lewis, Wilson, and Keeton have come a long way. I expect Raceland to be pretty balanced this season.

 

Don't get me wrong, we need Vanderhoof, and it would be very hard without her. But, I think some of the pressure is off of her now.

 

I agree that these three have elevated their games and should win some games for Raceland this coming season. How does Raceland's bench strength look?

Keep Rowan out of there fast break,slow the game down and they can be beat. Ashland will have to see same with Raceland.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Rowan, Ashland, and East Carter will be the elite teams this season and Raceland will be at the top of the second group of teams. I look for an Ashland - East Carter Final with Ashland going to state this season.

How does Raceland's bench strength look?

Not great depth, but there are some girls that can play. The biggest hit this off season, Haley Abrams, she tore her ACL and has had surgery to repair it, but will miss her sophomore season.

Not great depth, but there are some girls that can play. The biggest hit this off season, Haley Abrams, she tore her ACL and has had surgery to repair it, but will miss her sophomore season.

 

Thanks for the info. Raceland has certainly been hit by the injury bug the last few years. Here's hoping that the Lady Rams are injury free for the rest of next saeson.

Elliott Returns 4 starters and should be in the mix

Raceland's Kasey Lewis has been over-looked for some reason, she averaged a double-double last season and basically got no post season props,while some of the others did, from somebody on the outside this did not seem fair. Raceland has to be in everyone's top 3 if not you don't follow the 16th region girls basketball IMO.I am not a ram but I appreciate a good program.

How are they in the top 3 ? Rowan. Ashland and East Carter are all above them. They belong in the next group that includes Elliott Co. . Raceland, West Carter, and Boyd Co.

If Russell could get a quality point guard (which they don't have) with their size in Simpson and Parsley they may surprise some people. The way it is now Simpson has to bring the ball up the court.

What happened to the two young girls that played some last year ? The taller one I beleive is a 2 guard , and the other one a point guard. They both looked like pretty good ball handlers to me. I'm thinking they were both 8th graders last year ?? Simpson is a super ball player and IMO should play more inside. The Parsley girl is also a very good player but doesn't handle the ball as well outside and gets shoved under the backboard out of position way to much. I only saw 2 games last year and maybe the refs should call the pushing more , but she seemed to have a hard time holding her position. One of the girls that played outside didn't shoot much and when she did her form was not very good but she had some runouts and was very quick. I think her name was Fergeson ??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.