Mac Whitaker receives lifetime achievement award

Very deserving.

Congrats to Coach Whitaker.

I heard at Applebee's Park during the state tournament that he was considering hanging it up. I don't know why he would, he's got it made and HC is going to be very good again the next couple of years.

Congrats to Coach Whitaker on the award. The Harrison faithful hope that he is here for several years to come. He is a super coach who gets the most out of the kids and is loved and respected by his players. This is so evident by the support he gets from former players. Great job Mac!

• 3 weeks later...
He coached a Cal Ripken team this summer, around this age I believe.

Imagine that! A high school coach who spends his off season time working with his kids to get better! And the results that it produces. One would think others could take notice or at least take lessons.:sleep:

Congrats to Coach Whitaker. He has consistently put his program and players in a position to win and to get better, not for him but for his players. That is why the award is well deserved.

Imagine that! A high school coach who spends his off season time working with his kids to get better! And the results that it produces. One would think others could take notice or at least take lessons.

....:thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to Coach! One of the better all around baseball instructors you can find! Has always developed good atheletes into above average baseball players. If there ever was a coach in KY that inspired my favorite quote "Great Atheletes make average Coaches look great but Great Coaches make average Atheletes Champions", he's the guy!

Imagine that! A high school coach who spends his off season time working with his kids to get better! And the results that it produces. One would think others could take notice or at least take lessons.:sleep:

Congrats to Coach Whitaker. He has consistently put his program and players in a position to win and to get better, not for him but for his players. That is why the award is well deserved.

I agree.

I have sought out Coach Whitaker's advice on many occassions but the most important was when I started coaching my daughter, just as he had coached Noelle and Camryn.

He has let me into his practices to watch how he conducted things and has always been kind and respectful to me.

I have high regards for Coach Whitaker.

Congrats to him.