Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

J-Lo cut by Giants...

Featured Replies

I understand all of that. In other terms, the writing was on the wall that the Giants were not happy with their back up QB situation when they signed Wright to compete with Lorenzen for the back up QB position. Bringing in Carr and finally drafting Woodson screams that he Giants are not happy with their back up QBs.

I'm not so sure. I'm confident that they brought in Wright simply to have a veteran on the roster. Lorenzen was pretty much a rookie still considering he had not taken a single NFL snap. I don't think Wright will be on the roster next year either, but I could be wrong. If he beats out Carr I'll be surprised.

 

I do agree with the bolded. I wanted Lorenzen to stay a Giant, but if he gets a chance to play elsewhere, I'll be very happy for him! Once a Giant, you are always a Giant. According to some things I've read, that was the Mara's philosophy. I wish him the best of luck!

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the qualities that NFL GM's and coaches look for in a 3rd string QB, besides a low salary? How does J-Load fill this bill? (I am not a big NFL fan so I ask this without pretense.)

What are the qualities that NFL GM's and coaches look for in a 3rd string QB, besides a low salary? How does J-Load fill this bill? (I am not a big NFL fan so I ask this without pretense.)

 

I seriously doubt they want just anybody there. I'd say a lot of teams would like either A. A player with a lot of talent who can develop into a backup/starter/trade bait. Or B. a dependable veteran who can help out with the starter/backup.

 

Lorenzen has talent, but apparently the Giants felt they'd be better off with Woodson/Carr/Wright. He'll catch on somewhere else.

What are the qualities that NFL GM's and coaches look for in a 3rd string QB, besides a low salary? How does J-Load fill this bill? (I am not a big NFL fan so I ask this without pretense.)

I would do it for Lorenzen's low salery. $440,160.

 

Profile

Jim Rome had a great piece for J-Lo today on his show. Highlight film showed when J-LO moved the entire defensive line back for the short yardage score, Sweet.

 

Best of Luck to Jared, I'm certain he will land with a better opportunity!

I would do it for Lorenzen's low salery. $440,160.

 

Profile

 

Jared had recently signed a 1 year tender with the Giants for $947,000. Not sure if he gets any of that.

Any updates on J-Lo and where he might try to latch on? Whatever happend to Sticky? He was our JLO source.

Any updates on J-Lo and where he might try to latch on? Whatever happend to Sticky? He was our JLO source.

 

Can't find him!

Jared had recently signed a 1 year tender with the Giants for $947,000. Not sure if he gets any of that.

 

I don't think he'll get any of that. There was an article in a local paper a couple weeks ago after he signed and a comment he made was that the only guaranteed money in the contract was the signing bonus.

I don't think he'll get any of that. There was an article in a local paper a couple weeks ago after he signed and a comment he made was that the only guaranteed money in the contract was the signing bonus.

 

Was there a signing bonus? Because I didn't think there was. It was a tender offer and I didn't think those came with sining bonuses.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.