My Niece is the National Champion!

Birdsfan

I have to do a little bragging today. My niece is going to be competing in the United States Tumbling Association's national finals this week at the Duke Energy Center. To qualify, she had to place in the top ten in her state competition. She'll be competing in three different events.

Edited by Birdsfan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rachel is 8 yrs old, has a good tan and shoulder length brown hair....and tons of energy!

A real cutie and quite the little Miss Priss.:D.....BF has a right to be very proud of her and her brother:thumb:

Unfortunately, as I had feared, their story got bumped by other news. The camera guys never even came. However, they are still hoping that maybe they'll come back some time before the competition is over.

Her events are on Tues., Wed., and Thurs. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks. :thumb:

My niece competed in her first of three events (I believe it was tumbling) today at the USTA nationals. She finished 3rd in her group and 7th ovarall. :ylsuper:

Tomorrow is something called "double-mini." The trampoline event is on Thursday.

Edited by Birdsfan

I just got a call from my niece at the USTA Nationals. She won 1st place in the trampoline event!!!!

What makes it so amazing is that it was actually her weakest event. But I guess some last minute coaching did the trick!

Looks like having that trampoline in their yard her whole life -- and having to fight for space with big brother and his rowdy friends -- paid off. :D

This is just so awesome, and I am so proud of her I could bust!!!

Okay, everybody twist...

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa