12th Region All Tournament Team

I agree a committee is a good idea, but what is the criteria to be included on the committee. My guess is local media would be involved, but who else gets a vote.
Here is a suggestion, for future District All-Tournament teams.

Winner - 3 Members and MVP

Runnerup - 3 Members

Play 2 games - 2 Members

Play 1 game - 1 Member

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a suggestion, for future District All-Tournament teams.

Winner - 3 Members and MVP

Runnerup - 3 Members

Play 2 games - 2 Members

Play 1 game - 1 Member

I would agree with that, but my question is who do you place on the committee. Is it the 8 eight head coaches, local media from all the schools represented, and input from the umpires. Or is it just a couple of parents and the local media from the host town. This to me is the question I would like answered.

I would agree with that, but my question is who do you place on the committee. Is it the 8 eight head coaches, local media from all the schools represented, and input from the umpires. Or is it just a couple of parents and the local media from the host town. This to me is the question I would like answered.

Do away with them all together. Baseball is a team sport not an individual sport.

Do away with them all together. Baseball is a team sport not an individual sport.

I'm with this, and for every sport. The honor rarely goes to those who deserve it anyways. In the end, all the ATT ends up being is something mom and dad get to brag about to others in their social circle, and usually because those parents are able to unfairly exert the proper amount of pressure on the local school personnel.

Why wasn't there anyone representing Somerset for the All Region Tournament Team?

The committee consisted of a former player who played in the sectional, a former college coach, a former coach of a regional championship team, among others. I believe the only restrictions for choosing players involved the two teams in the finals and that was stipulated before the tournament. I have always felt the winner and runner-up team members should be given the awards instead of players from teams that lose in the early rounds.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

The committee consisted of a former player who played in the sectional, a former college coach, a former coach of a regional championship team, among others. I believe the only restrictions for choosing players involved the two teams in the finals and that was stipulated before the tournament. I have always felt the winner and runner-up team members should be given the awards instead of players from teams that lose in the early rounds.

All committee members were Boyle Co. Alumni or former coaches. I like the idea of the committee, but would like to see some people from different areas of the region on the committee.

I heard that the selection committee chose a player from both Wayne and Somerset. Wayne Co. was the Boston boy and Somerset was the Fitzgerald boy. I know that we at Rock had Perkins on the team and we lost the 1st round and had ours. The commmittee is a good idea and I agree with jumpermom the officiating for the SHS-MERCER game was terrible and I coached the home plate umpire in little league and he absolutely had an awful ballgame. The Jumpers still had a chance to win it but botched a suicide squeeze.

Can someone tell me if there was a Somerset person chosen or not???? Is there anyone from the committee that can answer this post?

Who made all tournament team from each school?

This was published in the The Advocate-Messenger

All-Tournament Team

Kyle Bottoms, Boyle County; Zeke Edwards, Mercer County; Duran Elmore, Danville; Michael Evans, Danville; Chase Greene, West Jessamine; Joseph Griffitt, West Jessamine; Louis Helmburg, West Jessamine; Cody Morris, Boyle County; Taylor Payne, Boyle County; Tanner Perkins, Rockcastle County; Matthew Robertson, Mercer County; Cody Stotts, West Jessamine; T.T. Wooldridge, Southwestern.

Can someone tell me if there was a Somerset person chosen or not???? Is there anyone from the committee that can answer this post?
You may have to contact the Host or committee personnel, to answer that question.

Some of our players went to watch the final championship game. Somerset's name was never mentioned during the awards presentation for the All Region Team. For those who are responsible for scheduling the 12th region tournament in the future, please take note and learn from this past year's mistakes and make sure they don't happen to other teams and just an afterthought, try to find a place to host that at least have real restrooms (the portables ones are just nasty).

I think you mean Chris Fitzpatrick. The home plate umpire went beyond terrible. The 6th inning should have ended 6-4, Price was dead on in the umpire's strike zone that night, we know he had three strikes on the two that finally got hits. Our catcher knew it too, that's why he was thrown out of the game. (Mercer's boys threw bats from the very first play of the game). Then there was the so called balk that gave Mercer another run, Somerset kept trying to fight back, our boys never gave up that night. Like I have said, it was just a shame for everyone involved. It is a fact, someone will win, someone will lose-it's just unexcusable when it comes down to bad calls that make that decision in a Region baseball game.

Somerset put up a good game, but lost to a better team. Officiating aside, if those teams met 10 times, Mercer would win 8. It wasn't the first time that a game had some poor umpiring, and it wont be the last. It is just part of the game. After all... Somerset had some great opportunities to win the game, they just didn't execute. So the calls did not beat them.

I also don't think that restroom facilities played any part of what happened on the field