Track the Cubs! (week 10)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low blow HC, low blow..

I had enough class to put it in THIS thread and not the other one. Sheesh! :p

It seems like their starting pitching is only going 5 innings, the bullpen can't hold up forever if they are constantly asked to pitch 4 innings every game.

You know they will make a move, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Turn out the lights, the party is over. The Cubs are running away with the NL Central. It's the Wildcard or bust, for the rest of the NL Central. I'd say Joe Blanton is a possibility for the Cubs. This really could be next year for the Cubbies and their fans. Both the BoSox and ChiSox have ended their streaks in the past few years, the Cubbies might as well get their due.

Ok, here I go, probably making the stupidest prediction ever, and will get blasted for it probably at the end of the season.

The Cubs will win the World Series. (No joke, write it down.:D)

Cubs missed their bid for 10 in a row last night. Lost 2-1 to the Pads. Did you guys see that balk on Lilly in the 7th? It was called because Lee wasn't on the first base bag. I've never seen that particular call before. Oh well, if we had to lose, I just wish Mad Dog had picked up the win instead of the ND.

Yep, very tough loss last night, but you knew the streak would end eventually.

Would be nice to at least split the 4 game series in Los Angeles before heading home.

I was hoping to see Bob Brenley shave his mustache.

Cubs missed their bid for 10 in a row last night. Lost 2-1 to the Pads. Did you guys see that balk on Lilly in the 7th? It was called because Lee wasn't on the first base bag. I've never seen that particular call before. Oh well, if we had to lose, I just wish Mad Dog had picked up the win instead of the ND.

Yea, that and there streak of 25 or was it26 games with a lead, also came to an end. I knew it couldn't last forever, but pretty much every loss, they've been in the game. But if we continue to take 2 of 3 and 3 of 4 the rest of the way, I am A OK with it. They are 16-3 vs NL west teams.

you guys have another Cubs fan on BGP :jump: ... I was very happy to see a track the Cubs thread going... anyway I am happy that Lilly was able to bounce back from that horrible outing he had last week against the Rockies. He looked good last night.