Trinity 7 Ballard 2

TKE_

Great game...what about the sportsmanship from the Ballard catcher? Twice he got into altercations with Trinity and umpires only throw out warnings. Even Coach Gilbert yelled at the kid, but he remained in the game. If that happened in Rockville, the kid would be sitting the pine. Coach Gilbert went down a few notches in my book. It would not of hurt his team to take him out since their playing next week. Ballard had new infield players from the last time the Rocks played them. This might have been the difference except the Rocks saw their #3. Lets hope the bats remain hot.....

...I think it was his father that went bonkers in the last inning...I never saw what he (the dad) was mad about...he called the Trinity base runner a 'punk.' Anyways, that and the incident at second took little away from a great game.

Edited by TKE_
misspoken

We need to keep Rule 9 in mind.

9. No discussion of ANY criminal behavior (charged or uncharged) in the high school forums. Discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted in all non-high school forums. However, discussion of criminal behavior by juveniles (anyone under 18) is never permitted anywhere on BGP.

Ballard/Trinity is a heated rivalry in all sports. Unlike the rivalry with X where there is mutual respect for the most part Ballard/Trinity don't like each other. After 4 straight losses to Ballard the good guys managed to win one this time. It could well be a Trinity/Ballard regional final again this year.

Thanks Ram......no criminal behavior from a player, just a short fused father. I suppose no harm no foul in a high blood pressure game. If Trinity makes the final, they won't see Ballard. IMHO Ballard will not match up to X or Eastern.

The incident at second wasn't much...just a little jokeying for position around the bag by the T runner and the B second baseman.

200-300 people at this game, if they meet again I'd guess even more in attendance.