Huckabee's Obama "Comment"

I was just curious as to the viewpoint that Obama supporters have as to Huckabee's comment during the nRA meeting in Louisville in response to a sound off stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zBYx3RigI

A local radio station in Atlanta that is very Pro-Obama was making a huge deal out of this and mentioning how racist it was, and how Huckabee's true colors were showing. Do other Obama supporters see this the same way?

I was just curious as to the viewpoint that Obama supporters have as to Huckabee's comment during the nRA meeting in Louisville in response to a sound off stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zBYx3RigI

A local radio station in Atlanta that is very Pro-Obama was making a huge deal out of this and mentioning how racist it was, and how Huckabee's true colors were showing. Do other Obama supporters see this the same way?

I don't know where racist come in.

The "that was Barack Obama, he was getting to speak and fell off his chair" was funny. The "someone pointed a gun at him and he dove for the floor" was superfluous and inappropriate, but not racist.

The "that was Barack Obama, he was getting to speak and fell off his chair" was funny. The "someone pointed a gun at him and he dove for the floor" was superfluous and inappropriate, but not racist.

Agree. The gun part was very poor judgment. But I don't see any racism there.

I agree 100%.

According to this station it was racist and insensitive..... I don't know what I should believe so I want everyone to tell me.. it's the American way... ;)

... exact quotes following this clip:

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! He wouldn't have said that if Obama were white."

" I guess we really see where Huckabee stands. The truth comes out "

According to this station it was racist and insensitive..... I don't know what I should believe so I want everyone to tell me.. it's the American way... ;)

Hearsay's post says it all.

There was nothing explicitly racist about the remark. However, depending on your viewpoint, I guess the case could be made for implied racism.

When I saw the clip on the news, I never even thought of race as a part of the remark. But, again, trying to look at it a few other ways, I guess I could see where it may have seem that racial bias was implied.

There was nothing explicitly racist about the remark. However, depending on your viewpoint, I guess the case could be made for implied racism.

When I saw the clip on the news, I never even thought of race as a part of the remark. But, again, trying to look at it a few other ways, I guess I could see where it may have seem that racial bias was implied.

I know what you're saying.However, I feel that it was likely just a very poor attempt at humor with no racial bias intended. People on both sides like to fan the flames of racism, even in cases where there was no harmful intent.

Given that the radio station is "Atlanta's Leader in Hip-Hop & R and B"... racially charged is exactly what they wanted to imply during their morning show, and they made sure to stress it.

I thought it was a dumb, dumb, dumb move by a politician to make..even if it is a NRA rally, in a public forum someone with as much pretige as Huckabee should never make like of violence and guns.

He obviously was making a joke considering the event (gun owners and lots of them) and did not think it through.

Given that the radio station is "Atlanta's Leader in Hip-Hop & R and B"... racially charged is exactly what they wanted to imply during their morning show, and they made sure to stress it.

I thought it was a dumb, dumb, dumb move by a politician to make..even if it is a NRA rally, in a public forum someone with as much pretige as Huckabee should never make like of violence and guns.

He obviously was making a joke considering the event (gun owners and lots of them) and did not think it through.

:thumb:

It was a stupid, lame joke that Huckabee has spent way too much time apologizing for. I am sure that Obama heard one of the first half dozen apologies and he does not owe every American their own personal, individual apology.

He should have picked the phone up, called Obama and apologized for the remark. Then, when he was asked about the comment, he should have just explained that he had offered his personal apology to Obama and that it had been accepted and left it at that.

His apology seemed sincere, but it caused me to switch channels when I heard him begin apologizing for the third time to different audiences.

Huckabee is not very smart and says stupid things all the time. If he is on the ticket with McCain then my decision on who to vote for will not be so hard.

My decision won't be very hard, esp. if its a Obama/Clinton ticket(although Edwards would have been nice leading the ticket). I agree with you; the Huckster says a lot of stupid things and probably should look for a job in some backwoods redneck comedy club somewhere.

It was a stupid, lame joke that Huckabee has spent way too much time apologizing for. I am sure that Obama heard one of the first half dozen apologies and he does not owe every American their own personal, individual apology.

He should have picked the phone up, called Obama and apologized for the remark. Then, when he was asked about the comment, he should have just explained that he had offered his personal apology to Obama and that it had been accepted and left it at that.

His apology seemed sincere, but it caused me to switch channels when I heard him begin apologizing for the third time to different audiences.

I agree. People are way too sensitive. He apologized, should have known better , and everyone should move on. If he is going to continue making stupid remarks, however, I hope McCain puts him on the ticket. The Democrats will win by 15 instead of 5 in Nov.