Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue 9 Cov Cath 8

Featured Replies

Can anyone provide details on the game? How did Bellevue account for 9 runs in this huge win?

Tigers stayed focused and enthusiastic. This game shows how important momentum is. Once the Tigers got it they rolled with it. Great win!

Watch out for Sanders Sluggers, they could beat anybody in the 9th Region!!

Very nice win. Cov Cath has been playing some outstanding ball lately. Congrats to Bellevue.

Nice job Comb-Z, you ol' Muddog!! Chicks dig the small ball!! Way to battle Pipes!! Woof!

Wow!

Nky baseball continues to surprise me everyday.

Lose to Silver Grove and then beat CCH?!?!?

I want to hear from some CCH fans who were there on their analysis.

Okay, while I wasn't at the game, I have received some E-mails and a phone call or two, and the jest I got from each was, Coach Krumps got out Coached! Many question why didn't he bring in Nutini, Isler (all who were very rested) or even throw Maile (the rumor has been floating around all season, that Maile just might be brought in to close a game). Many also question the antics of Krumps on the sidelines and what effects it had on his team.

 

Me? Krumps has won twenty games for twenty two consecutive years, but sometimes you need to rethink how you do things as the years go by as times do change. I do know that he has always put his trust in some of his young pitchers (freshmen and sophomores Isler and Bleser immediately to mind) but.....

 

IMO, (remembering that I wasn't at the game) sometimes in losing a game you actually win by learning you weren't quite as good as you thought you were, so maybe, just maybe this is a good lesson learned. I am quite sure that some of the CovCath players, came into this game thinking it's just a single "A" team they were playing, while Bellevue came in thinking this was the seventh game of the World Series. Bellevue, no matter what happens for the rest of the season can look back and say "we beat CovCath" while hopefully CovCath takes a hard lesson learned and learns that you have to play each and every game, as it is the toughest game of the year. Sometimes regular season losses, are the best thing that happens to a team!

 

Then again, I could be wrong, since I wasn't at the game.

Okay, while I wasn't at the game, I have received some E-mails and a phone call or two, and the jest I got from each was, Coach Krumps got out Coached! Many question why didn't he bring in Nutini, Isler (all who were very rested) or even throw Maile (the rumor has been floating around all season, that Maile just might be brought in to close a game). Many also question the antics of Krumps on the sidelines and what effects it had on his team.

 

Any specifics??

A loss like this will probably help CovCath get prepared for the tournament while give Bellevue momentum going in. I am thrilled for Coach Sanders and Bellevue Tigers baseball and it's fantastic that I don't see any excuses just Bellevue won! Coach Sanders is COY IMO deserves respect. The man has earned it and can coach with anyone. Yes the players get credit as well but there isn't another HS coach in the 9th that could do what he has done with the Bellevue program!:thumb:

Wow, congrats to the Tigers for the big win over a very good CCH team. Too bad Old guy doesnt have the stats, maybe someone can post.

Runyan did in making the regional semis with Lenny Bay and the Hurtt kid in the early 2000s. The pendulum is on the upswing for this small school again.

Nice win for Bellevue. Congrats.

 

:thumb:

Final 9-8. Bellevue scores 3 runs in last inning to take lead. Piper pitched complete game. Great win!

 

Wow, he had to throw a lot of pitches. I hope he doesn't wear his arm out. He's only a sophomore. Great job Pipes!

Pretty suprising, good win for Bellevue! Always like to see Cov Cath get beat

 

Very good win for Bellevue! And who doesn't like to see Cov Cath get beat besides Cov Cath!:dancingpa

Wow, he had to throw a lot of pitches. I hope he doesn't wear his arm out. He's only a sophomore. Great job Pipes!

 

...and I believe he's one of the areas top 3 pitchers in innings pitched !

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.