Date for hiring of new Russell coach?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all know, and he admits, that Duck is a Dodd supporter. He is not going to be happy unless they re-open the job and hire Coach Dodd. I must say that I have nothing against Coach Dodd, he was always a professional when I worked around him. But Duck needs to get over it and move on. I would like for him to explain who the "Sons of Sam" are he spoke of in previous threads. Actually there are a lot of questions I would like for him to answer, but probably better suited for a pm.

Didn't know Barnes was local.

I didn't know he coached high school basketball. Does anyone know his credentials for the job? I am just asking. I have nothing against, I don't even know him!!! And yes, I am a Kidwell supporter, even though I really don't have a dog in the fight!!!! I will admit that up front. But Merle has paid his dues and deserves a chance.

I'm not sure if Barnes has ever been a head coach. As I stated early, with two pretty good players (His sons I believe) in tow that might be the drawing card for some Russell supporters over Kidwell. I am not saying this is right or wrong, just the facts. Kidwell may very well deserve another shot at being a boys head coach, but I seem to have a feeling it may not come this time and if that's the fact Kidwell may be soured on Russell all together and try to find another place to peddle his coaching wears.

I didn't know he coached high school basketball. Does anyone know his credentials for the job? I am just asking. I have nothing against, I don't even know him!!! And yes, I am a Kidwell supporter, even though I really don't have a dog in the fight!!!! I will admit that up front. But Merle has paid his dues and deserves a chance.

I believe he coaches at a high school near Columbus,OH and from what I have heard he has done a very good job. I also support Coach Kidwell, because I believe he can do the job and that he has a passion and love for the school, the community, and the kids. Coach Kidwell has always represented Russell with class and I believe that his time and efforts into the girls and the school should give him the edge to become the boy's coach. If he can consistently keep the girl's at the top of the region then I know he will be able to do the same for the boy's. However the girl's program is in so much better shape than the boy's right now, so it is my conclusion that Coach Kidwell would be the best hire because he knows the school, the community, and the kids. If he can successfully run the girls then he should be the man to rebuild the boys.

I think we all know, and he admits, that Duck is a Dodd supporter. He is not going to be happy unless they re-open the job and hire Coach Dodd. I must say that I have nothing against Coach Dodd, he was always a professional when I worked around him. But Duck needs to get over it and move on. I would like for him to explain who the "Sons of Sam" are he spoke of in previous threads. Actually there are a lot of questions I would like for him to answer, but probably better suited for a pm.

:laugh::laugh: I think you might want to get over it. I wouldn't consider asking Coach to come back after the way he was treated.:lol::lol: You may be surprised to find out that the Ol Duckster now hopes Merl gets the job if he wants it.

As far as Barnes finding out about the job, he had been in the area for several months trying to decide on other issues when he heard of the local posting for Russell. Others that responded to the local posting are perhaps better suited for something else.

I tried to stay off this thread but it appears that you have now drawn me in. Several people were upset over the posting and I don't know if they will chose between the two or re-post the job to have a larger pool to choose from. I do not like the way this has been handled in any fashion. However, I do like Merl and wish him the best in the process.:thumb:

Fraley coaches his alma mater. His dream job comes true but then again Pitino thought Boston was too.

Kidwell vs. Barnes, Kidwell wins out with his support system .This is what Madeleine Albright said would happen several weeks ago. She was right on with Fraley and I'm betting she is again right on Kidwell. Write it down , she is now assureing me this is it !! Just wanted Go Radio to know she hasn't missed yet !!:fire::fire:

Fraley coaches his alma mater. His dream job comes true but then again Pitino thought Boston was too.

Kidwell vs. Barnes, Kidwell wins out with his support system .This is what Madeleine Albright said would happen several weeks ago. She was right on with Fraley and I'm betting she is again right on Kidwell. Write it down , she is now assureing me this is it !! Just wanted Go Radio to know she hasn't missed yet !!:fire::fire:

Hookshot, I also posted that Cassity would be the next girls coach along with some other predicitions. I guess you could say that I have a knack for being able to some way or another find someone to fit that job perfect.