Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Garrard County

Featured Replies

What does Garrard County need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin for some good things this year.

Garrard is loaded with players. They should win that region that they are in.

Garrard is loaded with players. They should win that region that they are in.

 

I look for Garrard to compete for the district title with Somerset, Wayne Co, and Taylor Co, but won't make it through Belfry or Breathitt Co. for the region title.

Garrard is loaded with players. They should win that region that they are in.

 

I'm not sure if your tongue is in cheek, but they should have a decent team. Keeping in mind that Breathitt County and Harlan County reside in the opposite district, winning the region is probably not a realistic goal.

I look for Garrard to compete for the district title with Somerset, Wayne Co, and Taylor Co, but won't make it through Belfry or Breathitt Co. for the region title.

 

Having Somerset and Taylor County as home games will be a big help, although they will still be very tough games. Traveling to Wayne County will be tough, but that's a place Garrard has had some success over the years.

Having Somerset and Taylor County as home games will be a big help, although they will still be very tough games. Traveling to Wayne County will be tough, but that's a place Garrard has had some success over the years.

 

The Garrard and Wayne county game is always high impact. After the upset in Wayne last season Garrard should have confidence going to Wayne.

I'm not sure if your tongue is in cheek, but they should have a decent team. Keeping in mind that Breathitt County and Harlan County reside in the opposite district, winning the region is probably not a realistic goal.

 

I believe that Garrard will have the best chance they have had in the past few years to win district. Somerset and Wayne both lost players due to graduation and Garrard returns most weapons on offense and defense. Should be a very interesting district to watch as the season progresses.

I'm not sure if your tongue is in cheek, but they should have a decent team. Keeping in mind that Breathitt County and Harlan County reside in the opposite district, winning the region is probably not a realistic goal.

 

I guess not. :confused:

I guess not. :confused:

 

Do you think Garrard has enough talent this season to beat Breathitt and Harlan County? I think they can be pretty good, but I'm not sure what to expect against the big two.

Do you think Garrard has enough talent this season to beat Breathitt and Harlan County? I think they can be pretty good, but I'm not sure what to expect against the big two.

 

I thought it looked like Garrard had alot of talent. I guess it is just what expecations you or they set for themselves.

 

Both the teams that you mentioned have excellent coaches that get the best out of what they have. I do not see alot of guys from those schools going to big time college programs. :D

I thought it looked like Garrard had alot of talent. I guess it is just what expecations you or they set for themselves.

 

Both the teams that you mentioned have excellent coaches that get the best out of what they have. I do not see alot of guys from those schools going to big time college programs. :D

 

Which team out of Harlan and Breathitt do you think will win their district.

I thought it looked like Garrard had alot of talent. I guess it is just what expecations you or they set for themselves.

 

Both the teams that you mentioned have excellent coaches that get the best out of what they have. I do not see alot of guys from those schools going to big time college programs. :D

 

Understood. I'm just making a general prediction: Breathitt and Harlan County are the two regional favorites. Certainly one of the District 5 teams could pull a suprise. And Garrard would/should undoubtedly expect to be a successful as possible.

 

My only thing in the entire thread was to outline who I felt would probably rank ahead of them in a regional pecking order.

 

As for Coach Holcomb and Coach Larkey, you are exactly right about them. Neither coach ever has major college talent, but they always seem to be knocking on the door to Louisville. Hopefully Garrard County will be able to do that in the near future as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.