How would this 5 class alignment look?

5A is jacked.

The placements of the Louisville districts is wrong, these make more sense:

Manual, X, PRP, Butler

Male, Senca, Southern, Fern Creek

Trinity, Ballard, Eastern, Shelby Co.

I mean, Campbell County playing Louisville schools is crazy, but I understand you need one more team in the west.

One other solution is add 1 more team. The next in line would be Apollo. You could place them in D1, move Meade to D2 and then Shelby in with the Lville districts. With Apollo , they're in 4a, D2 with 6 teams, so, you could do that without having to make any other adjustments to the other classes. Campbell would then go in with NKy as the only 5 team district.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not to sure about this change. Your asking several teams to make very long trips just to play district game. A specific class is in the 3A, look at D3 your asking Taylor to possibly travel to e-town. Again in 3A D7 the games with Garrard co., Bell co. ,and E. Ridge none of these are short trips. My last question is why does Somerset fall from 3A to 1A?

I am not to sure about this change. Your asking several teams to make very long trips just to play district game. A specific class is in the 3A, look at D3 your asking Taylor to possibly travel to e-town. Again in 3A D7 the games with Garrard co., Bell co. ,and E. Ridge none of these are short trips. My last question is why does Somerset fall from 3A to 1A?

Enrollment is why Somerset would be a 1a team. They currently play up due to geographics..In the 6 class system, they are actually 2a size..There would be some teams who would naturally have to play up for geographic reasons. The current allignments on my opening post, is based on enrollment only.

Harlan County in a district with 3 Lexington area schools? Ain't gonna fly. I see them being 4A in your allignment.

They wouldn't be allowed to play down..Playing up is one thing, playing down is another..I think the solution to the problem would be easily fixed by adding 1 more team to the 5a class. The next biggest is Greenwood, which you could add in D1, place Meade Co in D2, move Shelby Co in with the Louisville schools, put Campbell Co in with the NKy schools as they would be the only 5 team district and Harlan would move into the East division with mad Central, Scott Co and GRC... That would seem to make more sense..

I have'nt really had time to really study this and I don't have time now, just passing thru, but Highlands and Cov. Cath. in 3A -D6 looks dreadful to me.

Highlands definately moving up to 5A, (just because that is what I want to see) and probably Cov. Cath. also because they need to be there.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not so sure on some of the geographics, but, here's a possible 5 class alignment:

1a

D1-Murray, Ballard Mem, Mayfield, Fulton Co, Fulton City

D2-McLean Co, Metcalfe Co, Crittenden Co, Russellville, Caverna

D3-Campbellsville, Williamsburg, Somerset, Green Co, Gallatin Co

D4-Frankfort, Trimble Co, Holy Cross, KCD, Bethlehem, Bardstown

D5-Cov HCross, Beechwood, Ludlow, Dayton, Bellevue

D6-LCA, Fairview, Nicholas Co, Bracken Co, Raceland, Paris

D7-Middlesboro, Lynn Camp, Harlan, Jenkins, Hazard

D8-Pikeville, Paintsville, Pineville, S.Floyd, Phelps, Allen Central

2a

D1-Heath, Reidland, Trigg Co, Ft Campbell, Todd Central

D2-Caldwell Co, Webster Co, Union Co, Oboro Cath, Hancock Co

D3-Glasgow, Edmonson Co, Monroe Co, Casey Co, Danville

D4-Desales, CAL, Central, Spencer Co, Washington Co, Ft Knox

D5-Lloyd, Newport, NCC, Owen Co, Henry Co, Carroll Co

D6-Western Hills, W.Carter, Morgan Co, Fleming Co, Lewis Co, Magoffin Co

D7-Corbin, Leslie Co, Knott Central, Breathitt Co, Wayne Co

D8-Belfry, S.Clark, Prestonsburg, S.Valley, Estill Co, Bath Co

3a

D1-Calloway Co, Lone Oak, Tilghman, Muhl South, Breckinridge Co

D2-FSimpson, Warren East, Butler Co, Logan Co, Hart Co, Allen Co-Scotts

D3-Adair Co, ETown, Taylor Co, Marion Co, Larue Co

D4-Atherton, Fairdale, Moore, Shawnee, Bullitt East

D5-W.Jessamine, E.Jessamine, Lex Cath, Boyle Co, Franklin Co, Bourbon Co

D6-Cov Cath, Highlands, N.Oldham, Powell Co, Mason Co, E.Carter

D7-Rockcastle Co, Mad Southern, Russell Co, Garrard Co, Bell Co, E.Ridge

D8-Boyd Co, Knox Central, Greenup Co, Lawrence Co, Russell, Pike Cental

4a

D1-Graves Co, Madisonville, Hop'ville, Christian Co, Ohio Co, Hopk Central

D2-Greenwood, Apollo, W'Central, Barren Co, Owensboro, B.Green

D3-Grayson Co, Bullitt Central, J.Hardin, N.Bullitt, S.Oldham, Oldham Co

D4-Iroquois, Waggoner, Doss, J'Town, Western, Valley

D5-D.Heights, Scott, Anderson Co, Grant Co, Holmes, Harrison Co

D6-B.Station, Lincoln Co, Mercer Co, Woodford Co, Montgomery Co

D7-S.Laurel, N.Laurel, Whitley Co, Southwestern, Pulaski Co

D8-Johnson Cen, Perry Cen, Ashland, Letcher Cen, Clay Co

5a

D1-Henderson Co, Daviess Co, Meade Co, Marshall Co

D2-C'Hardin, Nelson Co, N.Hardin, Shelby Co

D3-St X, F.Creek, PRP, Southern

D4-Male, Manual, Seneca, Butler

D5-Trinity, Ballard, Eastern, Campbell Co

D6-Conner, Ryle, Boone Co, S.Kenton

D7-Dunbar, Henry Clay, Lafayette, Tates Creek

D8-Scott Co, GRC, Madison Central, Harlan Cons.

There would be 44 to 45 teams in each class with the largest class at 32. Feel free to comment. Like I said, some of the geographics may be a little off, so, if you see any teams that could be swapped, feel free..

Looks pretty good as a whole but like you mentioned geographically could be flawed in some areas. The highlighted would be the biggest. For example East Ridge in the highlighted area would be looking at two and a half to four hours worth of bus rides to every other team in that district.

Looks pretty good as a whole but like you mentioned geographically could be flawed in some areas. The highlighted would be the biggest. For example East Ridge in the highlighted area would be looking at two and a half to four hours worth of bus rides to every other team in that district.

Yes, I understand that..Marshall Co, in the west, would be in the same boat. 2 hrs to Henderson Co, 2 1/2 hrs to Daviess Co and over 3 hours to Meade..

They wouldn't be allowed to play down..Playing up is one thing, playing down is another..I think the solution to the problem would be easily fixed by adding 1 more team to the 5a class. The next biggest is Greenwood, which you could add in D1, place Meade Co in D2, move Shelby Co in with the Louisville schools, put Campbell Co in with the NKy schools as they would be the only 5 team district and Harlan would move into the East division with mad Central, Scott Co and GRC... That would seem to make more sense..

Harlan Co is scheduled to be 5A if you have a 6A. They should be in 4A if you only have 5 classes. Trip to Scott Co is 3 1/2 hours, to GRC is 3 hrs 15 min., to Mad Central is 3 hours. Believe you better do some geography work.

Harlan enrollment will not be more than the Laurel Co schools. Better do some enrollment work too. Glad you don't decide things about this classification, you would have it all screwed up.

Harlan Co is scheduled to be 5A if you have a 6A. They should be in 4A if you only have 5 classes. Trip to Scott Co is 3 1/2 hours, to GRC is 3 hrs 15 min., to Mad Central is 3 hours. Believe you better do some geography work.

Harlan enrollment will not be more than the Laurel Co schools. Better do some enrollment work too. Glad you don't decide things about this classification, you would have it all screwed up.

Believe me, I don't want Harlan County to be in the biggest class, but I think freshstart is correct that Harlan County would be 5A in a five-class system. Harlan County's current enrollment would have a little over 1,200 students if the school opens tomorrow. That's one reason I'd prefer to keep it six classes.

Believe me, I don't want Harlan County to be in the biggest class, but I think freshstart is correct that Harlan County would be 5A in a five-class system. Harlan County's current enrollment would have a little over 1,200 students if the school opens tomorrow. That's one reason I'd prefer to keep it six classes.

According to KHSAA, even with 6 classes, Harlan would be in 6a...29th largest school in the state...

According to KHSAA, even with 6 classes, Harlan would be in 6a...29th largest school in the state...

Those are old numbers. Harlan County will almost certainly be 5A in a six-class system. The enrollment has been dropping for 25 years.