Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle County 57 Casey County 48 (12th Region Finals)

Featured Replies

Final.

 

WAY TO GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!

 

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Mary Saylor played possibly the game of her life and had 31 points in the regional championship. Sarah Rowe added 17 for Coach Chrysti Noble's bunch.

 

McFarland led the way for the Lady Rebels.

 

Hats off to Casey County for a great season....too bad that a quality team had to go home but I'm glad it is my Lady Rockets that are going dancing.

 

This marks the 5th time in school history that Rockcastle County has won a regional title (13th Region in 1997, 2004, & 2005 and the 12th Region in 2006 & 2008).

One good thing is that Rockcastle will play either Ohio county or Muhlenberg North.

 

I hope it is North because Rock beat them by 29 in a neutral court earlier this season.

  • Author
One good thing is that Rockcastle will play either Ohio county or Muhlenberg North.

 

I hope it is North because Rock beat them by 29 in a neutral court earlier this season.

 

I like the draw but don't think that Muhlenberg North will be a pushover even if Rock beat them by 29 earlier this season. MNHS has a LOT of history and have been to state more time recently than I can even count.

 

And then again, Ohio County is a good team so whoever Rock plays, it's going to be a good, hard-fought game.

 

Good luck to the Lady Rockets at State!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh and I wonder how much motivation the Lady Rockets got before their game against Mercer County when the Casey County fan section was chanting "We want Rock, we want Rock". I know it is always something fans will do but I wonder how much extra energy it gave Rockcastle County to hear that???

Big win for Rock!

I like the draw but don't think that Muhlenberg North will be a pushover even if Rock beat them by 29 earlier this season. MNHS has a LOT of history and have been to state more time recently than I can even count.

 

And then again, Ohio County is a good team so whoever Rock plays, it's going to be a good, hard-fought game.

 

Good luck to the Lady Rockets at State!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh and I wonder how much motivation the Lady Rockets got before their game against Mercer County when the Casey County fan section was chanting "We want Rock, we want Rock". I know it is always something fans will do but I wonder how much extra energy it gave Rockcastle County to hear that???

 

 

Oh, I agree that it will be a good game, I am just saying that if we got North our ladies won't have the "shock" factor of being in the State tourney as bad. The fact remains that we beat them. Sarah Rowe has now been to state at LEAST 3 times! :eek: 2005, 2006, and now 2008. Statman Hensley, I could be wrong (I don't know if Rowe played any in 8th grade or not). She will be sorely missed after this year.

Coach Noble and Rockcastle could make some noise in Bowling Green.

Is Saylor # 00?

 

What grade is she?

 

I don't know her number but I am 97% sure that she is a junior.

  • Author
I don't know her number but I am 97% sure that she is a junior.

 

Saylor is a junior. She's not really had a great season so far but a very respectable one though. This performance today just puts the icing on the cake. Hope she can have just as good of a game as she did today next week.

 

When it comes to the state tournament, anyone can win on any given night but I think Rockcastle County will be a tough out for anyone who plays them because they have a bunch of really good players and others that know their role on the team and play them exceptionally well.

 

Once again.....WAY TO GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Coach Noble, if you happen to read this thread, please have me a shirt ordered....my usual size....LOL.

Number 23 did a good job shutting down the big 8th grader (Pittman).

Saylor is no 4. She also was at state two years ago.

They start 3 juniors this year and they all went.

No. 23 is Ashley Robinson and she made all district team. A good hard nosed player.

Very emotional game today. Coach Salyers must have been alarmed early when the Hammonds 6' freshman went down with injury and the Rock made up a five point deficit to tie the game while she was out.

The Rockets bench had another fine play-off performance.

A great team effort as the two Sara's again were not high scorer.

But don't underestimate the effect they have on a game, drawing all the coverage and making key rebounds. Casey tried to not let the two Sara's beat them and they did a pretty decent job of it. Actually Casey played very well. One of those 'somebody has to lose' deals.

(Sorry if I seem pumped. I am.)

Coach Salyers is a pretty classy guy as he came over the the Rockets after the game and really paid his respects and wished them will. Classy guy.

(Man that Casey brings a CROWD!)

Its Sunday so all I can say about the officials is they all had nice haircuts.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.