Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton Co 63 Deming 59

Featured Replies

COACHING. The kids didn't lose this game they only did what they were told. I feel sorry for them!! :irked: AND I still say Nathan Mitchell should be starting.

 

I agree Mitchell should be starting.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Mitchell should be starting.

 

Mitchell couldn't miss on this night, although Pendleton County was allowing him 5 seconds to catch and shoot. If he has pressure on him, can't get the shot off. Devilman, Mitchells shot reminds me of how they used to shoot it in the old days. Oldschool shot, but it was effective on this night vs Pendleton.

 

Just a thought and I have seen Deming numerous times this season, why not give one of the King boys a shot at the point, insert Mitchell and you gain more offense, better ball handling, and size.

I don't know if its a defensive scheme that was designed this way, but in this game with Pendleton County, Deming was playing a 1-3-1 half court zone and Mitchell was in the middle of the zone and he always was manning that spot on the zone with his back to the basketball. It was comical from a spectators view but maybe he was face guarding someone from about 6 feet away opposite the ball.

I was at this game and the Seniors for Pendleton county wanted this game. They played their hearts out and every Wildcat player that stepped on the floor played with a great attitude. Deming might not be the same team from the beginning of the season but neither is Pendleton and it was a good match up. Pendleton was not going to be denied on this night. They were playing some of the best team basketball they have played all year! Congrats to the Wildcats and good luck in Regionals!!

Not a bad idea with putting Kyle or Luke at the point, I think the only reason why Mitchell doesn't start is because Curtis and White are Seniors. If they were Juniors or Sophomores Mitchell would be starting. It is just how it is at Deming....parents would be complaing that there child is a Senior and an underclass man was starting before them. Believe me I KNOW for a fact this is how it works. I played at Deming. To me the player who works the hardest and is better should be playing. Basketball is a competive sport you play to win.

 

Mitchell couldn't miss on this night, although Pendleton County was allowing him 5 seconds to catch and shoot. If he has pressure on him, can't get the shot off. Devilman, Mitchells shot reminds me of how they used to shoot it in the old days. Oldschool shot, but it was effective on this night vs Pendleton.

 

Just a thought and I have seen Deming numerous times this season, why not give one of the King boys a shot at the point, insert Mitchell and you gain more offense, better ball handling, and size.

I don't know if its a defensive scheme that was designed this way, but in this game with Pendleton County, Deming was playing a 1-3-1 half court zone and Mitchell was in the middle of the zone and he always was manning that spot on the zone with his back to the basketball. It was comical from a spectators view but maybe he was face guarding someone from about 6 feet away opposite the ball.

Pressrow, I have to disagree I was at the third Augusta game and Mitchell lit them up for 25 or 26. And I saw him catch and shoot on the run with someone in his face, as for the defence I have seen it before and don't think it is affective, but it seems to be designed that way.

Don't like the idea of putting one of the Kings at the point. They are great ballplayers but you need someone who can distribute the ball. They have scoring in mind, plus they have a problem palming the ball when they change direction.

I was also at both games between Deming and PC. And I felt the refs were horrible at both games. At the last game it seemed me to like one of the refs had it in for the King twins,and devil fans agree?

I was also at both games between Deming and PC. And I felt the refs were horrible at both games. At the last game it seemed me to like one of the refs had it in for the King twins,and devil fans agree?

The devil fans are never satisfied with the refs.They could have called a lot more but didn't.Like the time they pushed the PC player clear almost to the wall on the baseline and the ref was standing right there and just called out of bounds to Deming.The game was pretty badly called on both sides imo.

Pressrow, I have to disagree I was at the third Augusta game and Mitchell lit them up for 25 or 26. And I saw him catch and shoot on the run with someone in his face, as for the defence I have seen it before and don't think it is affective, but it seems to be designed that way.

 

 

Guys I was simply stating that Mitchell won't have a chance to get set for a shot against Mason County defense on Wednesday night. There is a difference in defenses amongst teams across the 10th region. That is not short changing any squad and their respective defenses, just making a point he won't have that long to set, and if you guys think this kid is a lights out shot from long range otherwise, well I disagree. That is not saying he is not a nice high school basketball player, but lets guard against saying he is a proto typical outside threat night in and night out.

Guys I was simply stating that Mitchell won't have a chance to get set for a shot against Mason County defense on Wednesday night. There is a difference in defenses amongst teams across the 10th region. That is not short changing any squad and their respective defenses, just making a point he won't have that long to set, and if you guys think this kid is a lights out shot from long range otherwise, well I disagree. That is not saying he is not a nice high school basketball player, but lets guard against saying he is a proto typical outside threat night in and night out.

 

I have to agree with you PR. Mitchell lit up PC, but he will not get a chance to do it against MC. All the 3's he hit against PC he never had a hand in his face. Once the PC players decided to defend him the 3 was gone.

Pr. lets be honest . Will anybody get set for a shot against M.C.. I haven't seen them play this year but I hear their defense is relentless. As for the Mitchell kid shooting like that night in and night out, I think he is a streaky shooter but if he gets hot, look out.

The devil fans are never satisfied with the refs.They could have called a lot more but didn't.Like the time they pushed the PC player clear almost to the wall on the baseline and the ref was standing right there and just called out of bounds to Deming.The game was pretty badly called on both sides imo.

 

:confused::rolleyes:

Mitchell does go on streaks but I honestly think he could score 10-15 every night if given the chance.

 

Its a joy to watch this kid play he has the old set shoot, he is a great defender, and my favorite is that he does the little things: like following his shot. How many kids do this nowadays?

It was Pendleton who won this game not the refs. Pendleton just wanted it more.:thumb:

I was also at both games between Deming and PC. And I felt the refs were horrible at both games. At the last game it seemed me to like one of the refs had it in for the King twins,and devil fans agree?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.