Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WSJ opinion piece on McCain's age

Featured Replies

Saying he has physical disabilities resulting from his imprisonment is one thing; saying with certainty that such will cause him to not survive a term as President is a whole another thing (and a foolish one at that since you added the foolishness factor to the thread).

By no means am I certain that he won't survive the term. However, this may be one of the most important running-mate choices I can remember.

I am as concerned about McCain's age as I am Obama's lack of experience. Both are very troubling.
I think it's LEGITIMATE to have concerns about both (and while I haven't said it out loud, I'm pretty sure most regulars in P&R get the idea that I'm an Obama supporter, and longer than most.)

 

You just have to add those concerns into everything else and see at what conclusion you arrive.

You just have to add those concerns into everything else and see at what conclusion you arrive.

:scared:

:scared:
:laugh:
  • Author
By no means am I certain that he won't survive the term. However, this may be one of the most important running-mate choices I can remember.

 

I don't disagree with your last sentence. Then again, if we really thought about it, the VP choice should always be very important.

I am as concerned about McCain's age as I am Obama's lack of experience. Both are very troubling.

A friend (who is one of the smartest people I've ever known) and I were saying this exact same thing last night. She said that she's a few years younger than McCain and she knows for a fact that she isn't as capable of doing stuff at her age as she was just a few years ago.

 

I don't know if his age is something to worry about or not. I don't know, since I'm about 20 years younger, what those added years do to you. What I am concerned about with McCain is his temper. He just always strikes me as being on step away from blowing up.

 

I thought I heard something on tv today about McCain not being born in the US. Has anyone heard this?

 

As for Obama - I just can't quite put my finger on what bothers me about him. For one, I think his wife has a smart mouth on her but that shouldn't be cause for me to be concerned about him but concerned I am. I just don't get a good feeling about him for some reason.

 

Huckabee - We probably won't have to be concerned about him unless of course the thing about McCain not being born here plays out, if that is even true.

 

Clinton - Believe it or not, I am not pleased with her. I can't believe I'm going to say this but say it I will.....If she wants to compete with the big boys then she needs to stop that whining.

 

Since I am not fond of any of them...I probably just won't vote.:irked:

By no means am I certain that he won't survive the term. However, this may be one of the most important running-mate choices I can remember.
I agree with you. But that's still not a reason why I would vote for someone I totally disagree with.

If I was 71 and running for President I would be in Florida every other day sucking up to the old folks and telling them that 'our age' is under attack. I think you could easily carry the state...

Except that old people are in Florida because they're retired.

By no means am I certain that he won't survive the term. However, this may be one of the most important running-mate choices I can remember.

 

I think you are right on the runing-mate is going to very important. ON both sides.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.