Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

An Article that shares my concerns on Obama

Featured Replies

Attached is an article from the Real Clear Politics web site that shares my concerns about Sen. Obama. Definitely food for thought. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/02/obamas_appeal_depends_on_your.html

 

For those of you unfamiliar with the Real Clear Politics, you should check it out and book mark it. There really is a good compliation of articles that address the pros and cons of both Democrats and Republicans. Check it out.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that Obama was rated the most liberal US Senator in 2007, in a chamber that includes self-described democratic socialist Bernie Sanders from Vermont, is reason enough for anybody who believes in the US Constitution to oppose Obama. It will be interesting to see if the mainstream media attempts to portray Obama as a moderate during the general campaign, as they did when liberals Kerry and Gore ran for the presidency.

Just clicked on the thread, I would like to know where the author stands???

The fact that Obama was rated the most liberal US Senator in 2007, in a chamber that includes self-described democratic socialist Bernie Sanders from Vermont, is reason enough for anybody who believes in the US Constitution to oppose Obama. It will be interesting to see if the mainstream media attempts to portray Obama as a moderate during the general campaign, as they did when liberals Kerry and Gore ran for the presidency.

 

This is an interesting view since there are many reports that have suggested that GW Bush has trounced on the Constitution more than any President in history.

*Guantanemo Bay

*secret phone taps

*undeclared war

I was interested until I saw the Newt Gingrich add... :lol:

 

Like Fox News repeated statements of "fair & balanced". If you're wondering they aired reports that Obama was a Muslim and that he went to a madra (work meaning school) just youtube it.

 

I don't view these as attack ads. If you are a conservative, you will look for reasons & articles to support your position (like this one). If you are a liberal, you will look for the same but in reverse.

 

I for one, do not like the direction that our country is in. I feel that McCain will be very similar to our current President. If you say, well that's okay I like Bush, then your one of 30% of Americans.

This is an interesting view since there are many reports that have suggested that GW Bush has trounced on the Constitution more than any President in history.

*Guantanemo Bay

*secret phone taps

*undeclared war

Don't worry, everything will be just fine once President Obama sits down and makes nice with Iran's president and the mullahs who pull his strings. When the evil Mr. Bush exits the world stage, all of the Islamo-Fascists who are now our enemies will lay down their arms and return to their jobs in the private sector. Who knew that wire tapping a few terrorist phone calls would have made them so angry and disagreeable?:rolleyes:

 

Muslim thugs in the Middle East and northern Africa have been a thorn in this nation's side for more than 200 years. Sitting down face to face with terrorists does not humanize them in any way. If Obama is as naive as he seems, if elected he will be an unpopular one-term president because he will be played in the same way that Jimmy Carter was played by the despots of this world.

 

There are two primary ways to live in a world full of terrorists. We can bribe them or we can intimidate them by taking bold action. They will not simply go away if we ignore them or treat them like the human beings that they are not. I am proud that President Bush chose to take the fight to the terrorists.

Don't worry, everything will be just fine once President Obama sits down and makes nice with Iran's president and the mullahs who pull his strings. When the evil Mr. Bush exits the world stage, all of the Islamo-Fascists who are now our enemies will lay down their arms and return to their jobs in the private sector. Who knew that wire tapping a few terrorist phone calls would have made them so angry and disagreeable?:rolleyes:

 

Muslim thugs in the Middle East and northern Africa have been a thorn in this nation's side for more than 200 years. Sitting down face to face with terrorists does not humanize them in any way. If Obama is as naive as he seems, if elected he will be an unpopular one-term president because he will be played in the same way that Jimmy Carter was played by the despots of this world.

 

There are two primary ways to live in a world full of terrorists. We can bribe them or we can intimidate them by taking action. They will not simply go away if we ignore them or treat them like the human beings that they are not.

 

You are a true Republican, if you think American is on the right path!! Talk about naive..

You are a true Republican, if you think American is on the right path!! Talk about naive..
1) The thread is on Obama and 2) No, I am not a Republican, I am a conservative.
1) The thread is on Obama and 2) No, I am not a Republican, I am a conservative.

 

Here are my views regarding Obama:

While I teach my children to work out their problems and try to talk things through, I also, if this doesn't work, at some point you have to take a stand.

 

I don't see why this stance is so bad in foreign policy. If you have a problem with us, let's FIRST try to work it out. If we can't, then we'll have to take necessary precautions.

 

My view is that communication will more than likely lead to less violence. Will violence occur, yes, but we owe it to our troops that will put their lives on the line to at least see if we can solve the problem(s) first.

  • Author
Here are my views regarding Obama:

While I teach my children to work out their problems and try to talk things through, I also, if this doesn't work, at some point you have to take a stand.

 

I don't see why this stance is so bad in foreign policy. If you have a problem with us, let's FIRST try to work it out. If we can't, then we'll have to take necessary precautions.

 

My view is that communication will more than likely lead to less violence. Will violence occur, yes, but we owe it to our troops that will put their lives on the line to at least see if we can solve the problem(s) first.

 

Same view as mine, that's why I supported and still support the invasion of Iraq.:thumb:

  • Author
I was interested until I saw the Newt Gingrich add... :lol:

 

Don't give up. It really is a great sight with a lot of articles and views from all perspectives. An open mind is a good mind.:thumb:

I don't like Obama because I fall in the middle class and regardless of what he says he is going to tax me to death. Lets shine him in the best light and say that he only does raise taxes on the upper class. Do you really think they are going to take major hits to their profits? NO. If they are unable to find loopholes in Obama's tax hikes then they will simply pass the cost on to me, the consumer, by raising prices on their products.

Same view as mine, that's why I supported and still support the invasion of Iraq.:thumb:

 

Which reason for invading do you support?

 

I don't like the thought that we dictate what every other country does. Instead of waiting to get support from other countries, we invaded on our own. We invade a country that has not done anything to us directly.

You are a true Republican, if you think American is on the right path!! Talk about naive..

 

I think the point is that it might not be the best path but it is a better path than where Gore and Kerry would have taken us.

 

And where Obama based on his comments would take us in the fight against Al-Qaida.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.