Raceland Weight Meet Starts March 1

Did anyone from GC make any noise?, I saw Lyle yesterday and he looks like he as really added some size. I don't know if he competed or not.

To be honest with you, I do not remember anyone from Greenup Co winning any weight division. They did have some guys that looked good and had some good lifts, they just happened to be in a division with someone who was dominating that division. Greenup Co only had six participants, that is what caused them to struggle.

To be honest with you, I do not remember anyone from Greenup Co winning any weight division. They did have some guys that looked good and had some good lifts, they just happened to be in a division with someone who was dominating that division. Greenup Co only had six participants, that is what caused them to struggle.

Thanks, I know that is always a problem for GC, getting kids out for lifting is crucial, and for some reason they always struggle to do so. I am starting to think that this could be the reason GC always has a good freshman/JV team but when they get to varsity it is a different story. I think that the competiton is getting stronger all the way through and the GC boys stay the same every year. Just a thought. Thanks for the udate.

I heard that 4 of the 6 participants placed in their weight divisions in at least 1 event for Greenup County.

Last year, GCHS also had about 4 participants who placed in the event.

I heard that 4 of the 6 participants placed in their weight divisions in at least 1 event for Greenup County.

Last year, GCHS also had about 4 participants who placed in the event.

You may be right. They read the first, second, and third place winners for each of the three lifts; but only gave one award for the over all winner in each weight class.

Thanks, I know that is always a problem for GC, getting kids out for lifting is crucial, and for some reason they always struggle to do so. I am starting to think that this could be the reason GC always has a good freshman/JV team but when they get to varsity it is a different story. I think that the competiton is getting stronger all the way through and the GC boys stay the same every year. Just a thought. Thanks for the udate.

You may be on to something there about getting stronger:fire:

The Kitchen boy from Greenup Co is a freshman and is a hoss..I was impressed with that young man.

I've been watching him since 3rd grade, and I can't wait to see what he does on the varsity level, he has always been an animal on D. It should be fun to watch him and fellow sophomore to be Grayson. Those 2 have had to beat on each other all the way through their football lives,it is going to be great to see them working together.:thumb: