Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Presentation Tonight at GCHS

Featured Replies

From what I hear the Administration almost make it impossible for a coach to WANT TO STAY. However, I know Greg and he will not be ran over.

 

Your absolutely right, and its the same way with the players.

I agree. If the administration would let a coach stay and let the kids just play for the coach and quit getting new coaches all the time and the kids not wanting to play because of the coach they have chosen. Greenup has had some great coaches that the administration chooses to fire or run off for no reason. Coach Hicks was one of the best coaches in the region, and yet they run him off. If the school is going to try and make the sport go down hill, then the athletes can to by not playing and thats what is happening here. The baseball team still seems to have everything together and alot of athletisicm, so lets hope Coach Logan will be there for a while.

I hope Coach Logan stays also or his brother for a long time, but what happens went Billy Logan starts playing college ball.

Interesting point, I've wondered that myself. Will Greg Logan be around after his son Billy graduates?

  • Author
Interesting point, I've wondered that myself. Will Greg Logan be around after his son Billy graduates?

 

I believe that he will, simply because he loves the game so much. Also, Greg develops a good relationship with "his boys" and will stay on board for them in the years to come.

I believe that he will, simply because he loves the game so much. Also, Greg develops a good relationship with "his boys" and will stay on board for them in the years to come.

 

True, but didn't he quit coaching Greysbranch when Billy moved on to the next level of Junior Varsity ball?

  • Author

He may have, but there is a difference now. When Billy graduates, odds are he will be playing college ball somewhere. If he goes somewhere away from here, Greg won't be able to follow him as much because of work, other family, etc. So since he will still be here, it only makes sense that he stays with the team, as much as he loves the game.

True, but didn't he quit coaching Greysbranch when Billy moved on to the next level of Junior Varsity ball?

 

Actually he did not quit the yankees, all of the coaches kept moving up as their team moved up. The yankees that Greg started with moved up to high school, so then he did not have anyone to coach because the younger teams already had their coach, that they started with when they first got into the AABC program.

Actually he did not quit the yankees, all of the coaches kept moving up as their team moved up. The yankees that Greg started with moved up to high school, so then he did not have anyone to coach because the younger teams already had their coach, that they started with when they first got into the AABC program.

 

He always finds a way to win big with his teams, when he coached "B-Minor" his team won the league both years, then he created the Yankees and won I think three state championships with them. Then takes a high school team that was under .500 the year before and takes them to the state tournament, solid if u ask me.

True, but didn't he quit coaching Greysbranch when Billy moved on to the next level of Junior Varsity ball?

 

Quit?

 

That is definetly off. He started the Greysbranch Yankees and moved up with that team until they reached High School age, to where he moved on with his boys.

 

Greg, and the rest of the Staff of the Yankees and their parents, was instrumental is starting the Greysbranch AABC, which has hosted quite a few teams and is still going on this year, and I can promise you that Greg will be standing on the fence watching games when he has time.:thumb:

I meant "quit" in the sense that he decided to no longer coach them. Not "quit" in a bad way. I have nothing against what he did with Greysbranch Yankees, actually I commend it. I was just simply pointing out that he may decide to no longer coach Greenup Co. when Billy graduates, to watch him perform at the next level.

I meant "quit" in the sense that he decided to no longer coach them. Not "quit" in a bad way. I have nothing against what he did with Greysbranch Yankees, actually I commend it. I was just simply pointing out that he may decide to no longer coach Greenup Co. when Billy graduates, to watch him perform at the next level.

 

Its to hard to watch a college player play all the way through, my parents came to about every high school and summer baseball game I was ever involved in. However, I got the chance to play baseball in college and they did not get to come near as much, not because they did not want to it was simply because they were getting older and its not easy to travel to keep up with a college baseball team. So I think Mr. Logan would stay with Greenup.

This thread is off topic and reached a good ending point.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.