Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trying to get a Kentucky job

Featured Replies

I know this is off subject, but I have to respond to the remark about coach Foley. Before he came to Frankfort High they had gone 27-82 in an eleven year period and made the playoffs one time. Since his arrival the number of kids playing is up, he is 44-17 in five years has not missed the playoffs and made it to the semi's this year, so I'm glad he's just a decent coach or there's no telling what FHS might be doing.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is off subject, but I have to respond to the remark about coach Foley. Before he came to Frankfort High they had gone 27-82 in an eleven year period and made the playoffs one time. Since his arrival the number of kids playing is up, he is 44-17 in five years has not missed the playoffs and made it to the semi's this year, so I'm glad he's just a decent coach or there's no telling what FHS might be doing.

 

:thumb:

Mayfield has like 3 openings for Assistants...could be a good stepping stone for a young coach!

 

Yeah, I was going to recommend Mayfield, plenty of tradition, and the DC position is almost a head coaching position in itself. The coach that left that job I am told turned down a couple of head coaching jobs cause of family situations, but getting into the Mayfield system has usually led coaches to bigger and better opportunities. Good luck in your job search!!

With their tradition I would think Mayfield would be a great place to start.

If your coming from a program in Florida, I would say a great place to start is a county school. While Jefferson County schools are good places, they dont pay all that great and you are usually limited as to the number of asst.s you can have.

I think county schools would be a great place to look...again...look for an OC position to start. Unless you are Trinity or St. X and look to other states to fill your vacancies, most schools are going to hire people they have heard of from the state. It may take a few years to get to a HC position, but I would recommend a county program before I recommend a Jefferson County school. I just think there are far too many hinderances and disadvantages to coaching in Jeff Co right now. But thats just me. Besides...I believe most JCPS schools hire people they know...as one person stated..."Its not what you know..its who you know"

Good Luck

With all due respect, I would say that if this gentleman is a part of a program that has produced two state championships in the state of Florida, I would say that those credentials alone are enough to land a job here in our state. Not belittling our football and/or our programs at all. But knowing the right people is 75% of the battle anymore.

 

Whoa...believe me...the coaching in Kentucky is AT LEAST as good as it is in Florida...better talent does not mean better coaching...

 

And it is usually who you know....especially when it comes to recommendations. If you have some contacts in KY call them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.