Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Time NCAA 3 point Record (Made)

Featured Replies

By my calculations if Lofton only plays in 11 more games( 9 season and 1 SEC and 1 NCAA) he would need to average about 6 three's a game to clip JJ Redick as the leader.

 

The NCAA Division I all-time leaders for career 3-pointers made.

Player Team 3FG

J.J. Redick Duke 457

Keydren Clark St. Peter's 435

Curtis Staples Virginia 413

Keith Veney Lamar/Marshall 409

Doug Day Radford 401

Gerry McNamara Syracuse 400

Michael Watson UMKC 391

Chris Lofton Tennessee 389

Ronnie Schmitz UMKC 378

Mark Alberts Akron 375

Brett Blizzard UNC Wilmington 371

Kyle Korver Creighton 371

Even if they make it to the Elite 8... I don't see him passing the mark. But that doesn't discount the great shooter that he is. Just shows how great Redick really was.

Brett Blizzard! There's a name I haven't heard in a while...

  • Author
Even if they make it to the Elite 8... I don't see him passing the mark. But that doesn't discount the great shooter that he is. Just shows how great Redick really was.

 

 

If the Vols make it to the Elite 8 and and advance to the finals of the SEC Tourney then Lofton needs to only hit four 3's a game, what's not do-able about that.

Even if they make it to the Elite 8... I don't see him passing the mark. But that doesn't discount the great shooter that he is. Just shows how great Redick really was.

 

Agree with you there.

  • Author

Redick is a great shooter, but let's not forget that he advanced alot further in the post season than Chris. With that said if Chris does not have that early slump he destroys Redicks record.

What are their attempts and total minutes played? That will give a good basis for comparison, if that's where this thread is headed.

  • Author

Redick was 457 for 1126. for 40.6%

  • Author

Lofton is 389 for 911 as of tonight. for 42.7%

Something to also realize about JJ Redick was that his jr and sr year he was the man and go to guy. He could chuck it up from anywhere at anytime.

 

Lofton on the other hand has played with players who are potentially better than him which would make the feat even more impressive.

He's been hitting 5, 6 or 7 a game right now, so I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Will be fun to watch!

Redick is a great shooter, but let's not forget that he advanced alot further in the post season than Chris. With that said if Chris does not have that early slump he destroys Redicks record.

 

I hated Reddick and D_e but I would say Reddick had his share of slumps also. Wherever Lofton ends up (I'm guessing 2nd or 3rd place) he has had an amazing run.

You can't use the slump as an excuse, but I would love to see him pass up Reddick but I have a feeling that he will come up short.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.