34th District Seeding?

Just read where Highlands and NCC drew each other in the 1st round in their district. I understand support for seeding, but I for one disagree. This is a classic case of a good team being ousted and a bad team will advance to the region. If a team is not good enough to compete with the top teams then so-be-it. Only the best should advance OR a less competitive team gets to advance because they pulled a major upset and "earned" it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because their fans are so loyal and always respond to my sarcastic sense of humor. :D

I don't know anyone from there, and the people I have met have always been friendly. I just like to spice it up and play devils advocate.....

No problem, I was just curious. I have noticed that you do get a rise out of FutureCoach from time to time. Nothing wrong with being loyal, but at some point realism has to come into play. I have been lambasted at times for being realistic regarding my beloved Panther football teams.

No problem, I was just curious. I have noticed that you do get a rise out of FutureCoach from time to time. Nothing wrong with being loyal, but at some point realism has to come into play. I have been lambasted at times for being realistic regarding my beloved Panther football teams.

I am going to have to take that statement as if you are talking about me. Which I am going to need you to explain to me exactly what you mean by that, before I decide to respond. Because I have definitely took what you said in a certain way, but I figure I might want to make sure I am right in what I am thinking before I say anything. So please clarify for me what exactly you meant by that.

I am going to have to take that statement as if you are talking about me. Which I am going to need you to explain to me exactly what you mean by that, before I decide to respond. Because I have definitely took what you said in a certain way, but I figure I might want to make sure I am right in what I am thinking before I say anything. So please clarify for me what exactly you meant by that.

I didn't mean anything by it. I have noticed that you have had some disagreements with 32MOP regarding some sarcastic posts he's made about Ludlow. You can take that however you see fit.

I didn't mean anything by it. I have noticed that you have had some disagreements with 32MOP regarding some sarcastic posts he's made about Ludlow. You can take that however you see fit.

Ok so you said its good to be loyal, but at some point realism has to come into play? I might be one of the most realistic people on here for Ludlow. I say when they are doing good, and I say when they are doing bad. If I think they will win I will say it, and if I think they will lose..well I just dont post a prediction on, I just say what they would have to do if they were to have a chance to win. In football my predictions and thoughts about the team is usually right now. I don't make crazy predictions and think they will beat teams like Beechwood, etc. I say things that I think they do good, and things they do bad. I have gotten on a few certain Ludlow coaches at times on here, and even kind of the administration with how they handle some of the hiring of coaches.

So when you say its good to be loyal, but realism has to come into play. It sure sounds to me like you are saying that I am loyal and don't see any of the bad things. Because that is not true at all, I do see the bad things and even talk about it. As I said before I might be one of the most realistic people on here that Ludlow has had supporting them. Because unlike most people for their schools, I don't no matter what only say good things about them, and predict wins that really are just about impossible to win. When I say things, I usually always back them up with facts to why I think these things. Yeah I know I have gotten into some little arguments with 32, and that is only because of some of the smart little comments he has had towards Ludlow. I have no problem when someone has an opinion about Ludlow even if its bad, but when they add the little smart comments with it, that is when it gets me going. I know me and him even have discussed this issue in PM's before.

So yeah that is how I took what you said...;)

Ok so you said its good to be loyal, but at some point realism has to come into play? I might be one of the most realistic people on here for Ludlow. I say when they are doing good, and I say when they are doing bad. If I think they will win I will say it, and if I think they will lose..well I just dont post a prediction on, I just say what they would have to do if they were to have a chance to win. In football my predictions and thoughts about the team is usually right now. I don't make crazy predictions and think they will beat teams like Beechwood, etc. I say things that I think they do good, and things they do bad. I have gotten on a few certain Ludlow coaches at times on here, and even kind of the administration with how they handle some of the hiring of coaches.

So when you say its good to be loyal, but realism has to come into play. It sure sounds to me like you are saying that I am loyal and don't see any of the bad things. Because that is not true at all, I do see the bad things and even talk about it. As I said before I might be one of the most realistic people on here that Ludlow has had supporting them. Because unlike most people for their schools, I don't no matter what only say good things about them, and predict wins that really are just about impossible to win. When I say things, I usually always back them up with facts to why I think these things. Yeah I know I have gotten into some little arguments with 32, and that is only because of some of the smart little comments he has had towards Ludlow. I have no problem when someone has an opinion about Ludlow even if its bad, but when they add the little smart comments with it, that is when it gets me going. I know me and him even have discussed this issue in PM's before.

It is good to be loyal and I'm as loyal as anyone. But I also feel that you aren't as realistic as you state. When you've posted during the football season you speak about how good their offense is when in fact you should know that it has been a problem for them. Ludlow has to control the clock to win games and to do that they have to establish a running game, which you know they didn't try to do enough.

Any way this is a basketball thread, so if you would like to continue this feel free to PM me.

Based upon your username you obviously want to be a coach sometime and I wish you all the luck in the world in that endeavor but don't count on being a futurecoach at your alma mater. Much of what you say may very well be the truth but unfortunately there are a handful that can't handle the truth..Good luck FC..

It is good to be loyal and I'm as loyal as anyone. But I also feel that you aren't as realistic as you state. When you've posted during the football season you speak about how good their offense is when in fact you should know that it has been a problem for them. Ludlow has to control the clock to win games and to do that they have to establish a running game, which you know they didn't try to do enough.

Any way this is a basketball thread, so if you would like to continue this feel free to PM me.

What I spoke during football season was true. I said many times that Ludlow's strength on offense last year was offense and that was true, because the defense was by far their weak spot. I mean and the offense backed me up when I was saying it. Now the offense after Rouse went down, definitely didn't do as good. Also you say I was not realistic, however if you go back and look at the Ludlow vs. Dayton thread, I talked about how Ludlow got way to pass happy in that game and should have ran the ball a lot more, and that is something that might have cost them the game. Because the run was there, since Dayton was dropping everyone back in zone, but we adjusted to it, way to late and I even said that. So I am as realistic as I say I am, I just think people choose not to see this stuff when I post it. ;):D

Based upon your username you obviously want to be a coach sometime and I wish you all the luck in the world in that endeavor but don't count on being a futurecoach at your alma mater. Much of what you say may very well be the truth but unfortunately there are a handful that can't handle the truth..Good luck FC..

I have realized this especially with some of the stuff I have said on here. That goes more with what I have to say about being realistic about things, because everyone knows who I am on here in Ludlow, yet I still go out and say exactly what I think even if its good or bad. That probably could lead to me not ever being able to get a job there, which would be ashame. Because I care more about Ludlow, than most of the people that probably work there, and I only want to see GREAT things for Ludlow. Unlike a lot of the people who work there, I have been a Panther for my whole life, and I know what the true meaning of being a Panther is and what that stands for. So that is why when I see something I don't agree with that happens at Ludlow now, I am not afraid to say it, because I just want whats best for Ludlow.

I have realized this especially with some of the stuff I have said on here. That goes more with what I have to say about being realistic about things, because everyone knows who I am on here in Ludlow, yet I still go out and say exactly what I think even if its good or bad. That probably could lead to me not ever being able to get a job there, which would be ashame. Because I care more about Ludlow, than most of the people that probably work there, and I only want to see GREAT things for Ludlow. Unlike a lot of the people who work there, I have been a Panther for my whole life, and I know what the true meaning of being a Panther is and what that stands for. So that is why when I see something I don't agree with that happens at Ludlow now, I am not afraid to say it, because I just want whats best for Ludlow.

:thumb:You are to be commended for having the guts to say what you feel with regards to your alma mater. You are very loyal to Ludlow and who knows you might get there sooner or later..Thay won't be there for ever will they..?

But back on topic with this thread, I think the 34th district definitely needs to be seeded! I think all districts should be seeded.

:thumb:I agree and from what I hear no one at your alma mater is in favor of seeding..Too bad because the 34th is a weak district and more times then not Ludlow would finish at least 2nd or 3rd in their distrct and probably avoid 1st round matchups with Dixie..

But back on topic with this thread, I think the 34th district definitely needs to be seeded! I think all districts should be seeded.
....:thumb:

I agree and I wish KHSAA would mandate Seeding for all Districts, in all sports.

Puts emphasis back in the regular season games and gives every school the same opportunity, to win the game and it mean something.