Elliot Co. vs. Raceland 2/8

I will make the 2.5 hour trek over the hills and through the woods and land in Sandy Hook for this one!!! Elliott set the bar so high with their December play and scoring margin that now a win by any amount and not scoring 90 points is like the sky is falling down. Elliott fans are coming back to earth and realizing that you have to play each one individually and take everyone serious night in and night out. Wouldn't surprise me if Elliott wins by 5 or wins by 40. Wouldn't surprise me if they score 120 points or score 65 points. They (as we all) are starting to realize a W is a W if by 1 point or 60 points. If you win all three regional games by 1 point then you still get to play in Rupp. But, I do think they hit a mid season point where they haven't played quite as well, others have improved, and now they must find that gear they had in December as we approach tourney time. If they don't find it then the games in the Regional will be down to the wire and exciting for sure with anyone's guess or a flip of the coin on who wins in the end. If they find that lost gear than it will be like last year's regional with Elliott winning by double figures in each game.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my first trip to see Elliot Co. playI know that they beat Raceland big earlier this year but what is expected on friday???

Who are the players to watch???

Get you some popcorn a cold Pepsi, sit back and watch some very talented basketball players. Elliott County is loaded with talent and will be the favorite to win this one. Ferguson & the Faulkner twins along with the other EC starters are worth the price of admission.

Raceland has some talent as well. Tyler Boyles, Jacob Sparks, Cody Barker and Peyton Martin have all been playing well as of late. Keeton does a nice job also.

Elliot will no doubt be the favorite in this one.......again.

I will say Elliot by 15+. Most importantly and especially this late in the season I hope that no one from either team gets injured. These two just may see each other again in the 16th Regional.

GO RAMS!!

Elliott Co. did bea Raceland a few weeks ago on a neutral court, but that was when Elliott was undefeated in the region. Teams know now if they play well, Elliott Co is beatable. Jacob Sparks is as good of a player as there is in the region and Boyles isn't far behind him. If Raceland wins the battle on the boards and limits EC's second chances they have a chance. That being said EC will win by 12+.