Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 53 Murray 39

Featured Replies

You see low scoring games quite often in tournament play.

 

:thumb: I was just about to post that.

You must not be here!:rolleyes:

 

By the way, I nearly missed the tipoff, thankfully the game was running late. I was at the Fayette mall this afternoon and was waiting on Mrs. King to get out of one of those girly shops and watched this Spanish speaking lady selling "straightening irons" for curly hair. So after seeing several politely decline her offer to demonstrate, the old promoter went over to see if she could really electrify my do. Bless her heart, I could tell she was struggling, so she got 2 going at once and BAM! the old mop caused a breaker to kick. Whole east end of the mall in the dark. Security officer shined his flashlight off of Mrs. King's gold cap and it lit up most of that end. Thank the Lord for momma's grill!

 

Hey, great game by Mr. Davis. He was relentless on the boards, and both Mr. Euton and Mr. Jackson found him when the defense would rotate and he made point blank looks. I'll say this, that coach Fraley sure has mellowed out lately. He looks like a new man. And Mr. Arthur looked good as usual on the defensive end. Good luck to the Royals tomorrow. Final 4 young men. The King will stay at the motel until game time, this one was too close for comfort!!!!

 

Only in America, baby!

 

No and I'm glad I'm not watching 39 point games. I had a friend that went to the Rose Hill -Louisville Collegiate game and said it looked like two Jr High teams playing. It had to be bad.

No and I'm glad I'm not watching 39 point games. I had a friend that went to the Rose Hill -Louisville Collegiate game and said it looked like two Jr High teams playing. It had to be bad.

Good for you son, the hotels are booked.

This was the first time I have been able to watch Rose Hill play and they impressed me alot with Euton and Jackson. These two players are really fun to watch and are fundamentaly sound. Good Luck to the Royals throughout the tournament! :thumb:

This team is clicking at the right time. The early season criticism of RH was they are a two man team. They are showing now they are a very vertical team. They can slow the game down or run you in the ground whichever they choose. Different players are stepping up each game. Tonight Mike Davis was a beast. Tony Arthur played very tough defense. Chad and Dakota were Chad and Dakota.

Not to be argumentative, but the back of Murray’s shirt said “In loving memory of OB”. I only mention this out of respect for this individual and their family.

Must have been some very weak teams in this state tournament with scores in the 30's and 40's.

 

I don't think Murrary cracked 40 points in either game. I don't care what you say, 1 field goal in the first half is BAD.

 

Or is it tough defense again?;)

Great game Royals! On to the final four. What a great showing for the 16th.

I know most everyone back here at home, no matter their home team, are pulling for you to win it all! I love it when the local teams do well against the state. Just shows our caliber of basketball in the 16th.

 

:thumb::thumb:

Must have been some very weak teams in this state tournament with scores in the 30's and 40's.

 

No and I'm glad I'm not watching 39 point games. I had a friend that went to the Rose Hill -Louisville Collegiate game and said it looked like two Jr High teams playing. It had to be bad.

 

Just wondering something, I don't know you or if you have favorite school/team or not so I don't have problem or am not trying to start anything .

I have to ask though from reading your post.......do you have an ax to grind with someone at RH or another school in this tournament? Do you just post knowing it will cause some kind of controversy?

 

What it does do imo is cut down the kids who are working hard all going for a state championship.

Like I said, I do not have a "dog in the fight" so to speak but maybe if some look at some of our comments/post about a team through one of the kids eyes that happen to be on that team that we are cutting then maybe some wouldn't post what they do. These kids do read these post.

If I read you posts wrong and took another meaning from them then I apologize.

JMO

Just wondering something, I don't know you or if you have favorite school/team or not so I don't have problem or am not trying to start anything .

I have to ask though from reading your post.......do you have an ax to grind with someone at RH or another school in this tournament? Do you just post knowing it will cause some kind of controversy?

 

What it does do imo is cut down the kids who are working hard all going for a state championship.

Like I said, I do not have a "dog in the fight" so to speak but maybe if some look at some of our comments/post about a team through one of the kids eyes that happen to be on that team that we are cutting then maybe some wouldn't post what they do. These kids do read these post.

If I read you posts wrong and took another meaning from them then I apologize.

JMO

No ,I am not talking about any certain boy or boys. I think that Euton and Jackson are great ball players and will only get better in the next couple years. I just can't understand teams scoring in the 30's an entire ball game. I was planning to go but couldn't make it . I'm for Rose Hill winning it all , just don't understand those extremely low scoring games. No offense intended to anyone.:ylsuper:

Just wondering something, I don't know you or if you have favorite school/team or not so I don't have problem or am not trying to start anything .

I have to ask though from reading your post.......do you have an ax to grind with someone at RH or another school in this tournament? Do you just post knowing it will cause some kind of controversy?

 

What it does do imo is cut down the kids who are working hard all going for a state championship.

Like I said, I do not have a "dog in the fight" so to speak but maybe if some look at some of our comments/post about a team through one of the kids eyes that happen to be on that team that we are cutting then maybe some wouldn't post what they do. These kids do read these post.

If I read you posts wrong and took another meaning from them then I apologize.

JMO

 

 

Well said Rambler! You are not reading these posts wrong, because there is no mistaking their meaning. Just someone taking shots at Rose Hill's acomplishments during the tourney. And it's a real shame. Every team that made the All A had to play their way there and they are all quality teams. Just because there's been a lot of low scoring games doesn't equal bad teams, it's just a reflection of playing style for these games (and sometimes some off shooting nights, which happens to everyone). Most of these teams haven't played each other before so there's a feeling out process of what each team will do, their style, etc.

 

Keep it up Rose Hill. If you have to defeat four 'bad' teams to win the tournement that will be fine with the rest of us. We're just proud of what you're doing.

Well I must say that this performance was a lot better than last night on the scale of the pace of the game, but the result was the same, a WIN. I don't care if the score is 4-2 today as long as the Royals win and advance. Very proud of these boys, way to go Mike Davis on getting player of the game. Coach got after him the night before and he responded great. The whole team ran the floor and as long as Barber, Arthur, Bush and Malloy keep contributing, teams are going to have to quit double and triple teaming Jackson and Euton. The box scores are starting to look more even across the board and the wins are becoming more common. Keep up the good work boys. Coach Fraley, Euton, Bush, and Barber keep pushing these boys, what ever plan you have had has been working and it makes me proud that my son plays for such good men. Good luck today, the Rose Hill nation will be out in full support for their boys, it should be a great game.

Well I must say that this performance was a lot better than last night on the scale of the pace of the game, but the result was the same, a WIN. I don't care if the score is 4-2 today as long as the Royals win and advance. Very proud of these boys, way to go Mike Davis on getting player of the game. Coach got after him the night before and he responded great. The whole team ran the floor and as long as Barber, Arthur, Bush and Malloy keep contributing, teams are going to have to quit double and triple teaming Jackson and Euton. The box scores are starting to look more even across the board and the wins are becoming more common. Keep up the good work boys. Coach Fraley, Euton, Bush, and Barber keep pushing these boys, what ever plan you have had has been working and it makes me proud that my son plays for such good men. Good luck today, the Rose Hill nation will be out in full support for their boys, it should be a great game.

 

The difference in the game was the pressing from the beginning of the game. It set a tempo that RH plays better at. Murray had great problems with the press especially at first and dug themselves too big of a hole to climb out of.

 

I must say , the Royals seem to look much smoother on offence when they are pressing and playing an uptempo game.

 

Good Luck Today:dancingpa

The difference in the game was the pressing from the beginning of the game. It set a tempo that RH plays better at. Murray had great problems with the press especially at first and dug themselves too big of a hole to climb out of.

 

I must say , the Royals seem to look much smoother on offence when they are pressing and playing an uptempo game.

 

Good Luck Today:dancingpa

 

 

 

I would agree that the tempo served better for the Royals. I hope they will be able to do it versus Hazard who should be a little more athletic than Murray. I hope we play aggressive but can not afford to get Euton or Jackson to get into foul trouble. We ran the floor well and IMO should run more, we have some easy transition baskets available if we push the ball.

Great job Mike Davis I am proud of you keep up the great play!

I am really impressed with Jackson. He is going to make a fine D-1 player for some lucky school. And Euton impresses with his hustle and hard play. He's also a nice passer for a big man, and handles the ball well. His shots behind the arc were off last night, most of his 16 points were inside the paint and at the free throw line. But he evidently is a better shooter than what he showed, because he has the 'green light' to shoot. That's confidence from a coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.