Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Butler Job????

Featured Replies

No one has really been talking about this job. What's going on with this hire? Where did this program go wrong? I know that Butler had a ton of kids on all levels. The new coach will have a big task in front of him. Good luck to the future of the Bears.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has really been talking about this job. What's going on with this hire? Where did this program go wrong? I know that Butler had a ton of kids on all levels. The new coach will have a big task in front of him. Good luck to the future of the Bears.

 

They are interviewing today with 4 candidates.

 

Brunner, Holtzclaw, Cattlett and I do not know the 4th.

  • Author
They are interviewing today with 4 candidates.

 

Brunner, Holtzclaw, Cattlett and I do not know the 4th.

 

Thats very interesting. Just with those 3 names you would have to think the 4th person on that list would not have a chance. Why would Holtzclaw want to leave the college level? Burnner would be good, I hate that for Nelson Co.

If Cattlett gets the job, I'm sure he would take Coach G back to Butler with him. G brought in a lot of kids to Butler.

  • Author
So we are talking about Holtzclaw from Kentucky Wesleyan. Who is Coach G?

 

Gary Weler (sp). He was the DC, Lucas 1st year. Lucas fired him and he then was hired by Mark at Ballard to be the DC. I read on another site that the job is Marks' if he wants it.

Gary Weler (sp). He was the DC, Lucas 1st year. Lucas fired him and he then was hired by Mark at Ballard to be the DC. I read on another site that the job is Marks' if he wants it.

 

Weiter was not fired. He left on his own! :mad:

He'll return to Butler in the same capacity under the Catlett regime. Another fine recycle job by the JCPS and Mr. Bocko. :eek:

I understand the AD wanted someone else but he was not considered by the principal. :irked:

 

I'd like to know if Catlett was fired how he can be rehired so quickly since Jefferson County has a waiting rule for those terminated.:fight:

 

This is the reason used by JCPS stating L. Boyd cannot be hire by Iroquois this year. :madman:

Double standards exist all around the JCPS. So much for change under the new superintendent.:rolleyes:

 

Catlett was usually competitive at Ballard, why does Butler feel he will have more success in a different zip code?

Weiter was not fired. He left on his own! :mad:

He'll return to Butler in the same capacity under the Catlett regime. Another fine recycle job by the JCPS and Mr. Bocko. :eek:

I understand the AD wanted someone else but he was not considered by the principal. :irked:

 

I'd like to know if Catlett was fired how he can be rehired so quickly since Jefferson County has a waiting rule for those terminated.:fight:

 

This is the reason used by JCPS stating L. Boyd cannot be hire by Iroquois this year. :madman:

Double standards exist all around the JCPS. So much for change under the new superintendent.:rolleyes:

 

Catlett was usually competitive at Ballard, why does Butler feel he will have more success in a different zip code?

 

 

So are you saying Catlett already has the job?:scared:

I am not saying Catlett is getting the job, because I do not know, but his contract was not terminated like Coach Boyd's was. He and the administration at Ballard agreed he should resign. (From the article in Courier Journal) So he would not have to sit out the one year period.

I am not saying Catlett is getting the job, because I do not know, but his contract was not terminated like Coach Boyd's was. He and the administration at Ballard agreed he should resign. (From the article in Courier Journal) So he would not have to sit out the one year period.

 

My source has informed me that Wheeler (not Weiter) will get an interview afterall. So it is not a done deal. I apologize for the misinformation.

 

Who would you hire, a man with headcoaching experience or the man who worked for him? My thinking is Coach Catlett will get it if for no other reason than he will be easy to "get in the building" as a teacher.

 

Mr. Boyd may still have a slim chance for the Iroquois job.

Weiter was not fired. He left on his own! :mad:

He'll return to Butler in the same capacity under the Catlett regime. Another fine recycle job by the JCPS and Mr. Bocko. :eek:

I understand the AD wanted someone else but he was not considered by the principal. :irked:

 

I'd like to know if Catlett was fired how he can be rehired so quickly since Jefferson County has a waiting rule for those terminated.:fight:

 

This is the reason used by JCPS stating L. Boyd cannot be hire by Iroquois this year. :madman:

Double standards exist all around the JCPS. So much for change under the new superintendent.:rolleyes:

 

Catlett was usually competitive at Ballard, why does Butler feel he will have more success in a different zip code?

 

Catlett was not given the things he needed at Ballard to win. I mean when you dont have a paid assistant on staff. What do you expect. If given 2 or 3 good assistants I think he would be a capable and quality head football coach. :thumb:

They are interviewing today with 4 candidates.

 

Brunner, Holtzclaw, Cattlett and I do not know the 4th.

 

 

Your are incorrect on 2 of those three names, and I could not confirm the third. I don't know who your source is, but you got a bad beat!

Whoever said the Catlett did not have paid assistants at Ballard? This is not true. He had 7 or 8 paid assistants. A big problem for Catlett was that he was the only coach on the staff that worked in the building at Ballard. The others were paraprofessionals.

 

By the way, he was a "capable and quality head football coach" at Ballard. If we start firing everyone who can't beat Trinity, there will be a lot of vacancies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.