HHS Coach Schlarman 200th Victory

It doesn't seem like all that long ago that we celebrated Willie's first 100 wins back on December 23rd, 2002, while the head coach of the Brossart Mustangs!

Congratulations to him, his Birds, and continued success enroute to 300!

May they be as successful and rewarding as the first 200!

Other details DMZ76?

HHS starts Hurtt-Eaton-K'neck-Grote-Watson (2-SR 3-So) Reading plays SR-JR-2 So-frosh. HHS comes out full court pressure which Reading couldn't handle. Jumps out to a quick 15 pt lead and never looked back. Early substitutions Lother & Grubbs. Then, second half saw Corey Dill and Tony Guidugli off the bench. Early 4th Quarter saw Gordon & Turner...later came the rest of the bench. Reading played hard but was just overmatched talent wise. Liked seeing Grubbs going to war in the paint with the 2 bigger guys (6'3") from Reading.

I love Willie's style of play. I became a fan of his even more a few years ago when I overheard him say to another guy while watching a JV game something to the effect of "a guy coming across the lane should get a forearm to the chest." Sign me up for that style of play!

I love Willie's style of play. I became a fan of his even more a few years ago when I overheard him say to another guy while watching a JV game something to the effect of "a guy coming across the lane should get a forearm to the chest." Sign me up for that style of play!

Nothing wrong with a little forearm shiver. It is learned and if not learned you wont play for Willie.

Congratulations to Coach Schlarman on his 200th victory!!!

I remeber watching his Brossart teams in the Fieldhouse during the 10th Region tournaments and thinking how hard those kids played!!

Which was a testament to them and him!

Keep up the good work!

Can anyone give us some insight on Greg McGraw? From what I'm gathering, by checking box scores, he's playing 2 games and then sitting 1.

Is his back still a problem or are they just being careful? Makes sense, you there is no reason to rush him back.

Also I heard he is being a looked at by a good D-3 school who has local ties. He actually attended a game this year. I hear NKU isn't recruiting because of his past back problems.