Patriots 38 Giants 35

swamprat

The ref said the penalty was on #81, hence why the commentator was pointing him out. I have no clue what happened, but I do know two things. First, the ref was 2 feet away and he obviously saw or heard something. He didn't just make something up. Second, the reaction of the Giants coaches after the play tell me all I needed to know. They didn't seem to be upset with the call.

I, like someone earlier mentioned, thought that from the head action that someone had spit on Merriweather. I'm sure it will come out in the next few days as to what exactly happened, or you can watch the referee Q&A show on the NFL network.

If you think Coughlin wasn't upset you weren't watching the same game as I. He was screaming at the ref when they decided to change their minds and penalize the Giants instead of the Pats.

C'mon now, I know you know the game better than that. If your banking on OPI to be called, your going to be in some serious trouble. The NFL has made a commitment to opening the game up, scoring points, etc. Hence the rules protecting the QB, the 5 yd contact rule, etc. For the record, I thought the game was pretty well officiated given the stakes and the intensity. I think your blue blinders may have you seeing it another way.

As far as the call, I didn't mean he threw the flag immediately. The ref immediately responded to something that happened. What's more likely, that someone did something or said something that warranted the flag or that the referee took it upon himself and said "hey, I'm just going to make something up here"?

Your G-Men gave a valiant effort and represented themselves and the NFC very well. Don't diminish that effort by complaining about the officiating. :thumb:

By the way, nothing I say here can diminish the Giants efforts tonight. Nothing at all.

The Giants got away from what was working for them in the first half, mixing the short passes with the run. That play by Plax had the Pats on the ropes early and they gave the Giants short passes all night. When the Pats started pressuring Eli in the second half, the Giants didn't get the run game involved enough to keep them honest.

I hope Bradshaw, O'Hara and Madison are healthy for next week against the Bucs. I also hope the Giants find ways to involve both Kevin Boss and Steve Smith next week.

The Giants actually ran the ball decent in the second half. Jacobs only had 7 yards at the half and ended up with over 60.

No surprises. Giants put up a good fight, but too many mistakes at the worst possible time. Who in the place didn't know they would go right back at Randy Moss? Yet no one was near him.

I know this: I will never draft Eli again. He's fool's gold.

James Butler didn't, because he stinks :lol:. The Giants secondary is weak...I knew that if the Giants didn't sack Brady and force terrible throws that it'd be tough to stop them or even slow them down. Luckily they go enough pressure to keep the Pats from putting up 50...