Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery Co. 61 Estill Co. 47

Featured Replies

Championship Gateway Holiday Classic

Estill:

Cackling 13 pts 6 rebs

Hoover 12 pts 6 rebs

Mont.:

Clark 19 pts 14 rebs

Rash 15 pts

Stephens 11 pts

Congrats to the Indians and the coaching staff.:thumb: 10th region teams doing well in the holiday tourneys.

Who won today's other games?

Cordia beat Boyd Co. handily.

Actually not bad for the Engineers. A 14 point loss to a very good Mongomery County team, in their own invitational tournament, is promising for Estill's 14th regional chances.

  • Author
Actually not bad for the Engineers. A 14 point loss to a very good Mongomery County team, in their own invitational tournament, is promising for Estill's 14th regional chances.

Estill Held their own in every aspect except shooting. They shot 2 for 21 from 3 pt range and shot 14 free throws to Montgomery's 27. They rebounded well and were within 5 rebounds of a much much bigger MCHS squad. If a couple more 3's would have fallen it would have been a different game. Congrats to Mont. Co.!

Estill Held their own in every aspect except shooting. They shot 2 for 21 from 3 pt range and shot 14 free throws to Montgomery's 27. They rebounded well and were within 5 rebounds of a much much bigger MCHS squad. If a couple more 3's would have fallen it would have been a different game. Congrats to Mont. Co.!

 

I have to ask...

 

How was the officiating?

Congratulations to the Indians. Clark had a very good tournament. I would assume he was the MVP?

Who won today's other games?

 

Boys Side

Montgomery Co. over Estill Co in the Championship Game

Campbell Co. over Johnson Central in the 3rd Place Game

Cordia over Boyd Co. in the 5th Place Game

West Carter over Greenup Co. in the 7th Place Game

 

Girls Side

Montgomery Co over E-town in the Championship Game

???

Congratulations to the Indians. Clark had a very good tournament. I would assume he was the MVP?

 

He was the first player called for the All-Tournament team, but I don't think they officially named an MVP.

 

Other members of the all-tournament team (from memory)

Josh Clark - Montgomery

Brandon Rash - Montgomery

Blaine Stull - Montgomery

Christopher - Estill

Cracklin - Estill

Hurt - Cordia

Crum - Johnson Central

Franzen - Campbell

* there were 10 total, but this is all I can remember.

I have to ask...

 

How was the officiating?

 

The usual.

 

good and bad calls both ways. Montgomery shot more ft's because they went to the hoop more and tried to get contact while Estill shot more jumpers.

I have to ask...

 

How was the officiating?

I guess teams need to adjust to the style of officiating in whatever region they're playing in. With that said, my observation of the Bluegrass refs as compared to the mountain regions is that they allow more physical play, which usually benifits the more physical teams, like many of the large schools in the Bluegrass area.

I have to ask...

 

How was the officiating?

 

They let it get pretty physical. Stephens couldn't get a call down low. He got KILLED down there one time and no call was made.

 

Tiller showed his tail and got a tail and got a technical when his team went down by about 14 somewhere in the 3rd quarter.

 

Overall I thought it was consistant - that's really all you can hope for.

What was the score of the Campbell Co.-Johnson Central game. Evidently no one from Montgomery County called all of the final round scores in because is isn't on the Riherds scoreboard.

  • Author
They let it get pretty physical. Stephens couldn't get a call down low. He got KILLED down there one time and no call was made.

 

Tiller showed his tail and got a tail and got a technical when his team went down by about 14 somewhere in the 3rd quarter.

 

Overall I thought it was consistant - that's really all you can hope for.

 

How may I ask did Coach show his tail?

He got a technical protesting a couple of calls in a row. After the technical he didn't say anything else to the refs - he went back to coaching his team. There is such a thing as trying to rally your team through getting a technical. But... I guess it is fashionable in Kentucky right now to sit on your rear end on the bench and not say anything. I'll refrain from saying anything further. Congrats Indians you deserved to win.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.