Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region 2008

Featured Replies

Any opinions on the 8th region?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a long season for the Owen Co. We have a real tough schedule. We have only 3 returning starters. Only one hitter over .300 and 1 pitcher with a varsity win. Maybe by District time we'll be ready.

I know I am a homer but Carroll had that big win over Oldham Co. in the regional tournament. They lose some talent to graduation but have some good players coming up.

 

Trimble was good last year and I beleive went to all A.

 

Shelby will be strong again. I can only hope all of their best players graduated.!:D

Think Oldham Co. will have anything after losing Kiekhefer and Theiss?

  • Author
Who does Carroll Co. have returning?

 

I believe Carroll has all starters returning except for three. It should be a good year for the boys.

I hear Josh Ricketts is back for the Panthers this season. Is this true? If so, he will be a great asset for Carroll Co. I watched him play a couple years ago and was very impressed with his play as a sophomore. I was sad to see him not play last year. Hopefully he can make a good comeback his senior year.

 

I think the All "A" is wide open for the 8th this year. I do not see one team that is going to "walk through" the tournament. It should be a great year on the diamond! :thumb:

I believe Carroll has all starters returning except for three. It should be a good year for the boys.
Carroll didn't have any pitchers last year except Larimore. Didn't he graduate?
  • Author
Carroll didn't have any pitchers last year except Larimore. Didn't he graduate?

 

 

Yes, he graduated and I'm sure they were sad to see him go, but if I remember correctly they had a few other ones that pitched quit well............Bickers, Yager, Hendricks, Welch, Craig, Proctor

Now living in the 9th region area, but having grown up in the 8th region, I know of Michael Ogden from Owen, Michael Walter from Williamstown, Matt Allen from Carroll, and Scott Brown from Gallatin, who are some of the other better players in the 8th region?

Hows Henry Co. going to look?

New coaches at Shelby County, Owen County, Henry County and Grant County

Carroll has a solid lineup returning Bickers at SS, Allen behind the plate, Craig, Proctor, Wilson and Hendrick, along with new comers Yager, Wise and Ricketts. This should be a pretty solid club by district tournament time. Carroll had 16 wins last year so Larimore couldn't have been the only pitcher they had. Should be a fun spring.

Anyone know anything about Walton Verona baseball? How will they look this year? Any good players to speak of?

Anyone know anything about Walton Verona baseball? How will they look this year? Any good players to speak of?

 

I heard recently that they have quite a few seniors this year...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.