North Hardin looking for new coach

austinman1

It's a sad day if you ask me when a coach has one losing season in nine years and they terminate him. The reasons the give about low numbers is true but they didn't give the full story. Coach Washington got rid of kids that couldn't behave. Some quit becuase they thought they should have been playing in front of others. So he weeded out what he believed to be a cancer.

Coach Washington is a great man and a good coach. He was loyal to the kids and his assistants. It is a shame the way parents treated this man the last several years. All he did was win. Part of the reason for it's tough to get kids because kids are going to John Hardin that has better facilities.

Joe Washington is a great motivational speaker and a principled person. I would not go so far as to say he was the best X's and O's coach that is out there. I think NH has underutilized much of their talent in recent years and (for reasons that probably have more to do with the kids than the coach) NH has had difficulty getting some kids out to play from out of the hallways in the last 3-4 years.

I think Joe would be a perfect fit for a smaller school, tunraround program that needs someone to come in and motivate players, particularly minorities. Maybe a place like Louisville Moore.

Is Moore looking for a coach? I havent seen anything about that and Bob Johnson is a friend of the family and nothing has been mentioned about him leaving there.

No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start that as a rumor. Its not. I just meant that the size and makeup of a school like Moore would be the type of place that Joe Washington would excel at, IMVHO.

I'm 33 now and remember Joe Washington doing a motivational speech for our school. I still haven't run across many people that had the energy he had that day and passion he brought. I know nothing about him as a coach but I know on that day he showed a lot of great values.

Any ideas on who the next coach will be? They have some good assistants. WIll any of them step forward?

Hopefully James Webb will apply.

Webb resigned shortly before Joe was fired. And if they want to do it right, North Hardin should hire someone outside the program.

No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start that as a rumor. Its not. I just meant that the size and makeup of a school like Moore would be the type of place that Joe Washington would excel at, IMVHO.

Gotcha....I see what you are talking about and I think you are right. I dont know coach washington but my brother does and he was very disappointed to hear about his departure. Says he is a classy guy and always friendly to his opposing coaches.

Keeping this in mind, I dont think people ever really got over his decision to go for 2 a couple of years ago vs. St.X in the playoffs when an x-tra point would have tied the game and sent it to OT. Oh well, as a HS football fan, I just wish Washington nothing but success and Im sure he will land somewhere, someplace...soon.

Any ideas on who the next coach will be? They have some good assistants. WIll any of them step forward?

Hopefully James Webb will apply.

Someone from the 5th Region said that three names were being tossed around down there. Paul Gray, the former superintendent's son and Marty and

Crad Jaggers, sons of the former football coach, Joe Jaggers.