Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands v. Simon Kenton

Featured Replies

  • Author
SK wins by 10. Ugly game on both sides of the ball. Sk was up 16 a couple of times but turnovers and missed layups and foul shots hurt them. Sk missed 6 foul shots in the last minute. If they were to play again I would say SK by 20. I thought HHS would really make a run at the 9th this yr. but after watching the game tonight I believe they are a yr. away. They are really young still but have alot of talent. HHS will be tough the next couple of years.

 

If Highlands plays Simon Kenton again it will be in the state tournament in March. I'm not sure how you come to your conclusion that Simon Kenton wins by 20. It’s doubtful the game will be called by 8th region officials and there probably won't be a 29-12 free throw disparity. I'm not sure if that is exactly what the difference was, but it was close to that.

 

To say that Highlands won't make a run at the 9th region title in March based upon a 10-point loss to an 8th region team in December under those circumstances doesn't make a lot of sense. Who in the 9th is better? The only team you can probably say is better is Boone County. Remember last year's region when Highlands was in the semi-finals. They were a half away, though a big half from reaching the finals, which would have been against Holmes or NC, two teams they beat handedly earlier. Given the circumstances of this year with Boone County losing key players, NC losing their division one player and Notre Dame losing the two girls that shouldered most of the work against Highlands last year, I don't see how you can say with a straight face that Highlands is a year away from making a run at the 9th region tournament. Your statement quite frankly defies logic especially since Highlands has their same team back.

Guys , this is what girls basketball has come to . The coaching the refs is just BAD I cannot watch it no more .Its :scared::scared:

 

for someone who bad mouths NKY girls basketball you sure do know alot of the players and evidently see pretty many games. Sounds more like jealousy from someone who never make it for whatever reason.

 

Highlands does have a good team but I think they were taken lightly last year since they were so young. this year no one is making that mistake so they will find that every game they are getting a team that is prepared for them.

If Highlands plays Simon Kenton again it will be in the state tournament in March. I'm not sure how you come to your conclusion that Simon Kenton wins by 20. It’s doubtful the game will be called by 8th region officials and there probably won't be a 29-12 free throw disparity. I'm not sure if that is exactly what the difference was, but it was close to that.

 

To say that Highlands won't make a run at the 9th region title in March based upon a 10-point loss to an 8th region team in December under those circumstances doesn't make a lot of sense. Who in the 9th is better? The only team you can probably say is better is Boone County. Remember last year's region when Highlands was in the semi-finals. They were a half away, though a big half from reaching the finals, which would have been against Holmes or NC, two teams they beat handedly earlier. Given the circumstances of this year with Boone County losing key players, NC losing their division one player and Notre Dame losing the two girls that shouldered most of the work against Highlands last year, I don't see how you can say with a straight face that Highlands is a year away from making a run at the 9th region tournament. Your statement quite frankly defies logic especially since Highlands has their same team back.

 

imo, the highlands team i saw last night wasn't any better than the highlands team i saw last yr. I have watched Boone,Conner,Notre Dame, and NCC this season and imo they are all 4 more than a handful for the highlands team i saw last night. Can highlands beat them and win the region ? Sure , crazier things have happened, this is girls basketball ! I wish Highlands the best of luck this yr. . I've enjoyed watching all of the "Cutter" girls play since they were 10.

imo, the highlands team i saw last night wasn't any better than the highlands team i saw last yr. I have watched Boone,Conner,Notre Dame, and NCC this season and imo they are all 4 more than a handful for the highlands team i saw last night. Can highlands beat them and win the region ? Sure , crazier things have happened, this is girls basketball ! I wish Highlands the best of luck this yr. . I've enjoyed watching all of the "Cutter" girls play since they were 10.

 

I don't know how crazy it would be for the LadyBirds to win the region.

Back to the 8th region refs..they really need some new blood. They just do not watch the plays but tend to focus on the ball, or they go the other way and call every little touch.

 

I am really looking forward to seeing SK play this year. I saw them at the regional tournament last year and they were not at their best. I know Highlands is a good team so this was probably a good game to see.

Thank you, I sat behind you in school .:jump::jump:

Typical of you, when corrected you become more sarcastic.

Hey Cooty...don't waste your time acknowledging this guy...he is on here to throw out criticism, to slam these young ladies, and brings nothing productive to the table...poor fella has a little too much time on his hands?

 

Ya gotta give him credit for being able to save enough weekly allowance to sign up for BGP's...

Hey Cooty...don't waste your time acknowledging this guy...he is on here to throw out criticism, to slam these young ladies, and brings nothing productive to the table...poor fella has a little too much time on his hands?

 

Ya gotta give him credit for being able to save enough weekly allowance to sign up for BGP's...

Great idea to ignore him. Like most pests, if they are ignored they go away. Don't respond to anything he says. Thanks

could not agree more with last 2 posts. Lunatic, back to 8th region refs, do you think it is tougher to get quality refs to come to the 8th because of how spread out the schools are. I'm thinking the best would want to stay in the

9th were there is less travel. What's your thought?

This thread needs to get back to discussing the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.