December 14, 200718 yr He's going to focus on basketball and not worry about classes and things of that nature." Do colleges not have any in-house rules in to keep student-athletes attending classes and making passing grades to stay eligible during the current season? Pretty sure that if he has quit going to classes in this current semester, he would be ineligible after finals for the fall semester was over. Kind of an odd quote from Pitino, though.
December 14, 200718 yr I saw today where he will be on the bench for the game aganist Purdue as long as he doesn't reak any more rules. He mau be back for the Marshall game. I want to see if Rick plays the Chichester kid (football player) on Saturday! On a talk radio show in Louisville tonight, Petino said that Chichester may get a few minutes of playing time on Saturday. Chicester is not only a good football player, but he was a decent high school basketball player and even thought of trying two sports in college. Purdue, Pitt, and Illinois even recruited him to play basketball, but he chose UL and football instead. So, it would seem that he is a lot more than a big body to replace Caracter in practice. Hopefully, he can soon learn the plays and keep the team rolling until Caracter, Palacios and Padgett eventually return. Having four big men that can go inside will make UL very strong and competitive again.
December 14, 200718 yr The C-J online this morning said Caracter would be on the bench for tomorrow's game with (I think) Purdue and could play on Tuesday against Marshall if he doesn't break his contract. Pitino was quoted as saying he (Caracter) was doing his community service and what he needed to do to return to good graces. I wonder how long it will be before this news brings howls of criticism from the UK faithful. :lol:
December 14, 200718 yr The C-J online this morning said Caracter would be on the bench for tomorrow's game with (I think) Purdue and could play on Tuesday against Marshall if he doesn't break his contract. Pitino was quoted as saying he (Caracter) was doing his community service and what he needed to do to return to good graces. I wonder how long it will be before this news brings howls of criticism from the UK faithful. :lol: What is there to criticize? Pitino suspended him for missing curfew, and he is apparently paying for his mistakes.
December 14, 200718 yr What is there to criticize? Pitino suspended him for missing curfew, and he is apparently paying for his mistakes. Possibly giving a bad apple chance after chance (instead of just kicking the guy off the team) in a desperate effort to avoid being too short-handed when Louisville and Kentucky play on January 5.
December 14, 200718 yr Possibly giving a bad apple chance after chance (instead of just kicking the guy off the team) in a desperate effort to avoid being too short-handed when Louisville and Kentucky play on January 5. I honestly don't think UofL needs Caracter to beat UK.
December 14, 200718 yr I honestly don't think UofL needs Caracter to beat UK. Unless UL is planning on playing only 4 at a time, UL should be fine with or without Caracter.
December 14, 200718 yr Unless UL is planning on playing only 4 at a time, UL should be fine with or without Caracter. Wow. Apart from the GW debacle, I hadn't been paying much attention to UK's season. Must be pretty bad, huh?
December 14, 200718 yr Wow. Apart from the GW debacle, I hadn't been paying much attention to UK's season. Must be pretty bad, huh? Well, they do not have a PG, have only 1 good post player, start a walk-on, start another guy that should be a walk-on... other than that, they are not too bad.
December 14, 200718 yr I am a UK fan and whatever Ricky P. feels is severe enough, then that is fine with me. He is trying to teach the young man something about responsibility and what it takes to be a man in this world. I know myself, and probably most others on here, aren't privy to a lot of the goings on, inside the U of L program.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.