Time for the Hefty Lefty?

gish28

That post makes 0 sense...

I was being specific for the guy Half...No hissy fits needed here :rolleyes::cry:

The first post you quoted made perfect sense, unless someone who does not understand English read it. Jim Schue said that 7-9 might make the playoffs in the NFC...so I said something like, "Which is why the Giants at 8-4 are sitting pretty." How does that not make sense?

No "hissy fits" here...I'm not the one putting "rolleyes" smilies at the end of my posts. :lol:

As a matter of fact, I could be happier right now. The Giants won and the fall semester at EKU is 2 weeks away from being over...great times!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want to bench a guy with tons of experience and many 4th quarter comeback wins who has lead his team to an 8-4 record...in favor of someone who's never thrown an NFL touchdown pass. In the middle of a playoff race?? Are you serious?

Actually no, I could care less what the Giants do. The team I root for is 12-0 and it doesn't matter to me. However, if the Giants are content with JUST making the playoffs rather then winning the Division or the Super Bowl, or shoot even winning a playoff game then Eli is their man. Am I saying that Wright or Lorenzen give them a shot at the Super Bowl? No not at all, but as many experts have stated (ex. Steve Young on NFL primetime) Eli hasn't shown the improvement that the Giants have expected. Eli may have thrown more TD's then the hefty lefty, but he's also won as many Playoff games as a starter. With the likes of Tiki Barber (last year obviously), Jeremy Shockey, Amani Toomer, Brandon Jacobs, Sinorice Moss,Plaxico Burress, and David Tyree I just feel like they have underachieved with Eli at the helm. The G-men are 8-4 mainly due to the fact they are in a sorry conference and that the Defense has played fairly well all year (excluding the first 2 games). So now that I think about it, yeah bench Eli and give J-LO a shot. I seriously doubt he would throw 8 ints in the final 4 games , which would equal Eli's INT total the previous 4 games. :D

Actually no, I could care less what the Giants do. The team I root for is 12-0 and it doesn't matter to me. However, if the Giants are content with JUST making the playoffs rather then winning the Division or the Super Bowl, or shoot even winning a playoff game then Eli is their man. Am I saying that Wright or Lorenzen give them a shot at the Super Bowl? No not at all, but as many experts have stated (ex. Steve Young on NFL primetime) Eli hasn't shown the improvement that the Giants have expected. Eli may have thrown more TD's then the hefty lefty, but he's also won as many Playoff games as a starter. With the likes of Tiki Barber (last year obviously), Jeremy Shockey, Amani Toomer, Brandon Jacobs, Sinorice Moss,Plaxico Burress, and David Tyree I just feel like they have underachieved with Eli at the helm. The G-men are 8-4 mainly due to the fact they are in a sorry conference and that the Defense has played fairly well all year (excluding the first 2 games). So now that I think about it, yeah bench Eli and give J-LO a shot. I seriously doubt he would throw 8 ints in the final 4 games , which would equal Eli's INT total the previous 4 games. :D

While I will give you that Eli has underachieved this year, he has still done some good things. The Giants would not have won against Chicago had Eli not played well down the stretch. He played TERRIBLE for 3 quarters and played good enough in the 4th to still win. What's that say? What does it say for a team who wins despite having bad QB play at times? Does it say that they're a really good team? Maybe. Last year Amani Toomer was out for the season by the end of the year. Are you seriously using Sinorice Moss and David Tyree as examples of why Eli should be good? Post their stats...please. Sinorice Moss has been injured since draft day 2 years ago and Tyree is nothing more than a special teamer at this point. He might get an increased roll since Moss stinks and Steve Smith is hurt, but other than that he does not catch many passes.

I can see why you are not a coach if you are seriously in favor of a team benching their starting QB who has already led them to the playoffs twice and is on the way to leading them there the third time for a guy who's never played more than a few minutes in the NFL.

I can see why you are not a coach if you are seriously in favor of a team benching their starting QB who has already led them to the playoffs twice and is on the way to leading them there the third time for a guy who's never played more than a few minutes in the NFL.

:D How do you know if I am a coach or not? Besides, I am not seriously in favor of benching him, I just said Lorenzen wouldn't turn it over as much as Eli. Which is pure speculation on my part. Like I said, I am not a fan of the Giants, I just get tired of that look on Eli's face every time he throws a pic.

:D How do you know if I am a coach or not? Besides, I am not seriously in favor of benching him, I just said Lorenzen wouldn't turn it over as much as Eli. Which is pure speculation on my part. Like I said, I am not a fan of the Giants, I just get tired of that look on Eli's face every time he throws a pic.

I don't give a hoot what Eli looks like or acts like as long as he plays well. Being angry to the point of yelling and screaming doesn't make someone stop throwing interceptions.

Lorenzen might not throw as many interceptions but I do not believe he'd throw nearly as many TD's either. I just do not think Lorenzen is ready to start right now in the NFL.

I don't give a hoot what Eli looks like or acts like as long as he plays well. Being angry to the point of yelling and screaming doesn't make someone stop throwing interceptions.

Lorenzen might not throw as many interceptions but I do not believe he'd throw nearly as many TD's either. I just do not think Lorenzen is ready to start right now in the NFL.

LOL man I could really care less who starts for the Giants, I just think Eli sucks.

I started it because I watching the game and was curious if people shared the same opinion as I do of Eli. I'm sorry if this upsets you.

Who said I'm upset? It seems like everyone on here gets the impression that I'm upset if I defend or even talk about the Giants. I'm not upset at all.

Who said I'm upset? It seems like everyone on here gets the impression that I'm upset if I defend or even talk about the Giants. I'm not upset at all.

Let's not kid ourselves here ... you have been known to be hypersensitive to any outside criticism of your boys.

Let's not kid ourselves here ... you have been known to be hypersensitive to any outside criticism of your boys.

I'll agree that sometimes I defend them, maybe more than I should. However I do not do it nearly as much as I used to. Also, I have NEVER been upset on Bluegrasspreps in a debate about the Giants. I have loved the debates on here over the years, but I've never gotten angry or even thought about it more than a second after I log off. These days I can't even discuss them without someone crying about me being upset.:lol: What else can I do besides putting smilies to show that I'm not upset every time I talk about the Giants. I guess from now on I should put a disclaimer at the top of the post so you all can understand.

"ATTENTION: JUST BECAUSE I DEFEND THE GIANTS FROM TIME TO TIME, I'M NOT UPSET. I AM NOT ANGRY OR MAD AT ANY PERSON ON THIS GREAT WEBSITE. I APOLOGIZE IF YOU THINK I AM MAD AT YOU." :laugh:

I'll agree that sometimes I defend them, maybe more than I should. However I do not do it nearly as much as I used to. Also, I have NEVER been upset on Bluegrasspreps in a debate about the Giants. I have loved the debates on here over the years, but I've never gotten angry or even thought about it more than a second after I log off. These days I can't even discuss them without someone crying about me being upset.:lol: What else can I do besides putting smilies to show that I'm not upset every time I talk about the Giants. I guess from now on I should put a disclaimer at the top of the post so you all can understand.

"ATTENTION: JUST BECAUSE I DEFEND THE GIANTS FROM TIME TO TIME, I'M NOT UPSET. I AM NOT ANGRY OR MAD AT ANY PERSON ON THIS GREAT WEBSITE. I APOLOGIZE IF YOU THINK I AM MAD AT YOU." :laugh:

I was under the impression that CAPS indicated anger in computerspeak. Calm down...