Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fort Campbell at Metcalfe County

Who will advance to the Pizza Box in Louisville? 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will advance to the Pizza Box in Louisville?

    • Ft. Campbell
      66%
      34
    • Metcalfe County
      33%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What a game this should be. Ft. Campbell goes on the long journey to the Hornets hive. Ft. Campbell had a tough game while Metcalfe had an easy one in Cadiz.

First of all let me say congratulations to both Fort Campbell and Metcalfe County, first Regional Title for Fort Campbell since 1995 and first ever for Metcalfe County!

 

I think both of these team match-up well against each other. They both have balanced offenses that can run or pass effectively and put up a lot of points. I do think that FC might have a bit of an advantage because of the depth they have at RB. They both also have fast and physical defenses that can shut down the run. FC hasn’t given up more then 20 points in the last 11 games and MC hasn’t scored less then 40 in the last 5 games, something’s going to give. IMO I believe this is going to be a good, hard fought game with FC prevailing in the end.

 

Fort Campbell 35

Metcalfe County 27

Have seen both these teams play. IMO Ft. Campbell is more physical. I think this one'll be close for a while, with FC pulling away in the second half. I'm a Warf fans, but the Falcons are a very tough team.

The only common opponent between these two was Trigg County and each team had very similar results. Schedule wise, I would say Fort Campbell might have played a little bit tougher schedule in the regular season, but Metcalfe has overcome their regular season defeats by beating both Glasgow and Green County in the playoffs. Either way games in August and September don’t say a lot about what’s going to happen in late November and December…

My heart and my clicker say metcalfe.. but i'm thinking that the Falcons of Fort Campbell are going to end the season over in Metcalfe County. Hopefully it'll be a great game!

I disagree FC. IMO the achilles heel of FC is their lack of being truly balanced. They are a run team with a strong defense. If Metcalfe can make FC rely on the pass by stuffing the run, Metcalfe will win. I don't know much about Metcalfe, but if they can throw effectively, they may challenge the FC defense. FC has not done well against good passing offenses in the past. The bad thing for Metcalfe is that I don't believe they will be able to stop the run. FC has to many athletes in the run game offensively, and to many good LB's on Defense. FC wins by 10.

I disagree FC. IMO the achilles heel of FC is their lack of being truly balanced. They are a run team with a strong defense. If Metcalfe can make FC rely on the pass by stuffing the run, Metcalfe will win. I don't know much about Metcalfe, but if they can throw effectively, they may challenge the FC defense. FC has not done well against good passing offenses in the past. The bad thing for Metcalfe is that I don't believe they will be able to stop the run. FC has to many athletes in the run game offensively, and to many good LB's on Defense. FC wins by 10.

 

Granted that FCs bread and butter on offense is the run, but they can and do put the ball in the air when necessary. FC does have 1500 plus passing yards and 15 TDs through the air. Early in the year I think they tried to force the passing game more then necessary and have transitioned more to a running game as it’s become more successful. I think defensively you’re correct that they have struggled against the pass at times, especially against Warren East, but they have also defended well against the pass during both OC games and Franklin-Simpson. I agree that FC has good depth at RB and the keys for them will be not to turn the ball over and bend, but don’t break on defense.

Metcalfe finally gets to the carpet after a remarkable turn around of a program that was on the rocks 6 or 7 years ago. 28 to 24

Ft. Campbell 28-14.

Metcalfe County Hornets

State Semifinal Appearances: 1st

Overall Record: 0-0

 

Fort Campbell Falcons

State Semifinal Appearances: 6th

Overall Record: 4-1

 

Past Playoff Meetings

None

Go Falcons. I am going with Ft. Campbell in this one.

Metcalfe makes its first visit to the championship game 21 - 20.

Metcalfe has put up a ton of points in the playoffs, I'm taking Metcalfe by 2 scores. Go Hornets

  • Author

The Falcons gave up 100 points in the 2 losses at the beginning of the season. During the 11 game winning streak, they have given up only 99 points and no more than 20 in 1 game. Good luck Falcons, keep the defensive pressure up

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.