Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bardstown at Fort Campbell (2A)

Who wins 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This should be a good game. I have no idea when or if these two teams have played each other in the past, but if so it hasn’t happened recently. From what I have read Bardstown has a pretty good running back and it will be interesting to see the match up against Fort Campbell’s run defense that has been playing awesome as of late. I don’t see Fort Campbell scoring any less then 20 with all of the offensive weapons they have and if their defense can stop the run like they have been IMO FC should win this one 28 – 14.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the game is being played on post at Fort Campbell, people from Bardstown will have to go through the normal rigors of trying to get onto the army installation.

 

In the past, you went to the main gate (#4) to obtain a visitor's pass, but that gate is closed. I know the operator of the vehicle has to have a driver's license, proof of insurance, and registration receipt to get the pass. Which gate do the people now go to? #3?

Befor I left to come back over here to the desert, the visitors used gate 7 due to the gate 4 Closure. It actually makes it a little easier getting to Fryar Stadium by coming into Gate 7. In addition to what was posted for the driver, be prepared to have picture ID for anyone that is 16 or older, they may not ask for it but the guards at teh gate have the option to do it.

We're somewhat used to this, having regularly played at Ft. Knox, but sure would appreciate any details any FC people can give about ensuring we can get on down there.

 

According to former Tiger head coach Joey Downs, he remembers playing FC sometime back in the 70's, but we're not altogether sure when it was. I would say its been at least 30 years. Maybe The Scribe can research?

 

FC played Warren East in Week 2 and Bardstown played Warren East in Week 3. Both lost. Both teams I'm sure are much different since then.

 

The Tigers have improved 3 things down the stretch: 1) They haven't been spotting teams 2-3 TD's in the first quarter and coming out flat; 2) They haven't been making AS MANY stupid turnovers; 3) They have discovered some people offensively who provide an alternative to Kelvin Scott.

 

I know everyone looks at the 6-6 and doesn't think much of it. But Bardstown is playing very tough defense and getting enough offensive consistency to win. Perhaps we should not mail the trophy to Ft. Campbell just yet. NCC went 5-5 in the regular season last year and won themselves a title.

Fort Campbell beat Bardstown 19-7 in the 1980 Class 2A semifinals. Fort Campbell lost to Corbin 16-7 the following week in the title game. I don't have anything prior to 1980.

I voted in the poll for Ft. Campbell by mistake. I vote for Bardstown. Doggone polls.

  • Author

I would say that coming in gate 7 is the best bet and then going straight down Wickham Ave to the stadium. As JrJohnson said gate 4 is closed, but the visitors center is open so the other option is to stop at the visitor's center at gate 4 and then going down to gate 3.

  • Author
I voted in the poll for Ft. Campbell by mistake. I vote for Bardstown. Doggone polls.

 

Maybe your subconscious took over and you’re unknowingly rooting for the Falcons :lol:

I voted in the poll for Ft. Campbell by mistake. I vote for Bardstown. Doggone polls.

 

Since Bethlehem went down hard this week expect to have one more tailgater for the game.

Hearsay I helped you,I voted for the Tigers

Ft. Campbell has been on a roll. I know Bardstown has played a tough schedule, which gives them some points in my book. I see this being a really close game with Ft. Campbell advancing..........good luck to both teams. Should be a great game!

Befor I left to come back over here to the desert, the visitors used gate 7 due to the gate 4 Closure. It actually makes it a little easier getting to Fryar Stadium by coming into Gate 7. In addition to what was posted for the driver, be prepared to have picture ID for anyone that is 16 or older, they may not ask for it but the guards at teh gate have the option to do it.

 

Thank you!

Bardstown played Warren East alot closer than Ft Campbell did, but, the Falcons have gotten better and better since and they've uped there nondistrict schedule this year that should pay dividends. The Tigers have played a brutal schedule and there record is misleading but I believe Ft Campbell has the athleticism to go toe to toe with any 2a school out there and the home field advantage will also help.. I think this will be a pretty close game with the Falcons making a few more big plays...FtC 28 Bards 14

Can anyone give me the likely starting lineups and a roster for the Falcons?

I saw Ft. Campbell play WE and then FS played them the last game of the season.

 

The difference in Ft. Campbell was significant. They have become a powerful football team.

 

My real feeling is that Ft. Campbell is the second best team we played this year behind only Bowling Green. I think they win this game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.